Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking for electric frunk feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yikes. would blocking the release mech address problem #1? and re: #2, wouldn't you see that on your dash before driving away? do you still have the unit installed?
Yes I ended up taping a piece of plastic to protect that button and it hasn’t happened for that particular reason ever since.

I don’t think it showed up on the dashboard but my wife was driving and panicking so it’s unclear. Yes still have it installed.

Yes I ended up taping a piece of plastic to protect that button and it hasn’t happened for that particular reason ever since.

I don’t think it showed up on the dashboard but my wife was driving and panicking so it’s unclear. Yes still have it installed.

happen to hav a pic?

btw anybody else reading this, i messed evoffer to see if we can get a group buy together. they have historically offered 20%

Reactions: DMateo
Does anyone know if this voids warranty? Thinking of getting this for my MYP as well.
Tesla mobile service would not look at my car for false "front trunk open" warning because of the aftermarket modification. This was back in March of 2020. I don't remember which manufacturer of the electronic frunk opener, but it was installed at RPM Tesla in Southern California. They don't seem to offer this anymore. The issue magically disappeared after a while and has been fine since. Also, I noticed that the hood did not open as far as before (manually). Other than these issues I think this is a nice modification and I use the frunk almost daily for golf clubs too.