Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking for electric frunk feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
for those of you who have an electric frunk installed i am curious if you are still happy with the product. i was really interested in this, but read some bad experiences with excessive 12v battery drain as well as unintentional frunk openings

tia

Love my Tesla Offer power frunk too, best accessory I have added yet. I use my frunk nearly every day now- it is so much more desirable with power up and power down. I haven’t noticed any problems with 12v system but it’s a 12/2020 car so still pretty new, and I plug it in every night.
The install was straight forward and worked right 1st time, no adjustment. T.O. could change a couple things: 1- reshoot the installation video with at least a candle for lighting, 2- come up with a better method of securing the controller and the release motor. They went in ok but they can’t be too proud of their directions on that.

Love my Tesla Offer power frunk too, best accessory I have added yet. I use my frunk nearly every day now- it is so much more desirable with power up and power down. I haven’t noticed any problems with 12v system but it’s a 12/2020 car so still pretty new, and I plug it in every night.
The install was straight forward and worked right 1st time, no adjustment. T.O. could change a couple things: 1- reshoot the installation video with at least a candle for lighting, 2- come up with a better method of securing the controller and the release motor. They went in ok but they can’t be too proud of their directions on that.

appreciate the honest feedback. i really want to install one, but i'm still on the fence.

looks like they've rebranded
That's interesting, it's now EVOffer. Probably done because of the confusion described in this thread possibly with a legal push from Tesla.
1629580662227.png

Altho I love mine I’ve had two near disasters where the frunk auto opened at near high speed. Both involved golf clubs either pressing up against the internal release button or blocking the latch when the hood came down and delayed popping up for some reason.

Altho I love mine I’ve had two near disasters where the frunk auto opened at near high speed. Both involved golf clubs either pressing up against the internal release button or blocking the latch when the hood came down and delayed popping up for some reason.

yikes. would blocking the release mech address problem #1? and re: #2, wouldn't you see that on your dash before driving away? do you still have the unit installed?