Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for feedback on exterior design thoughts for PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
I have a pearl white S and I love the basic color. I plan to put PPF on it and want to mix it up a bit.

I have thought about going with a satin/matte finish as one option. I haven't seen one in person but in the photos it looks pretty nice. A little concerned if I go this route, while it might be fashionable now, maybe a few years down the road, it might not be as appealing. If anyone knows of a satin or matte finished in the Dallas area, that I could take a look at, please DM me.

OTOH - gloss never seems to be a bad choice, even if it isn't the hottest at the moment. So part of me is leaning that way. Rather than just going all gloss I was thinking of breaking it up a bit.

• Do the hood in carbon fiber (CF) wrap or PPF.
  • Blackout A and C pillars to make the roof sort of disappear. See the photo of the Y below. Probably just use gloss black PPF rather than a CF look as it is closer to the piano black of the B pillars anyway.
  • Blackout or CF wrap/PPF the air dam the width of the grill area under the nose. This would sort of extend the CF theme from the rear spoiler, to the hood, and then down to the air dam.
  • CF or black PPF/wrap the mirror caps.
  • Maybe do a CF PPF/wrap on the door handles. Less certain about this but it might continue the theme, or it might be overkill.
Maybe do the same thing but with the rest of the car in satin/matte.

I am trying to be a bit more aggressive with the look yet trying to keep it tasteful and not look like the other 50 S's in my neighborhood. Any thoughts?

1684814136613.png

Yes and I've thought of that, however my nature is not to throw money away. I was raised by frugal parents. I am sort of the measure twice, cut PPF once kind of person. I've seen some people change their wraps like women do their hair styles. :cool:

It will look cool and unique with either route you go. I would recommend going with vinyl on the door handles vs ppf. It’s a little easier to work with on those smaller areas. Let me know if we can help you with anything. We love it when someone wants to do a little something different.