Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Hansshow Power Trunk and Frunk installer around Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I hope I'm posting in the right subforum. I just reached out to the installer recommended by Hansshow for Washington State and they said that they are out of business. :(

Does anyone know an installer around the area that is still in business? Also tried a quick search in the forum but didn't seem to find any results.

Thank you in advance

Thank you very much. Have you worked with Brett before? I got a quote for $650 for the installation of trunk and frunk, labor-only. Not sure if that's normal but I thought it's only usually around $500 for both.
I have not, but a lot of people on the local Model 3 and Tesla Facebook groups have had nothing but good things to say about his business.

I had my chrome delete and window tint done by Midnight Window Tint down in Kent, which I believe is a sister business and not managed by Brett.

Are you still looking for an installer? Calibred Customs is coming to Seattle next month (October) to do a few frunks and SR+ audio upgrades including mine. Let me know if you’d like more info or Google them and check out the love fest ;)

Thank you very much. Have you worked with Brett before? I got a quote for $650 for the installation of trunk and frunk, labor-only. Not sure if that's normal but I thought it's only usually around $500 for both.
$650??!?! I did it myself in my driveway, took MAYBE 2hrs. I'm assuming you've gotten this done already based on the date of this post, I'm more or less replying to say that's a STUPID amount to pay for this.

@m5james Do you have the detailed instructions Hansshow sent with your trunk-lift kit? I don't care to tear into any car -- let alone a Tesla -- without knowing the exact procedure to install the product and return the car to its original, unmolested appearance. Thanks!
YouTube has instructional videos of people installing them. When I installed the Autofrunk on my Model X I found those vidos more helpful than the actual instructions. Took me about 2 hours start to finish and it was reasonably easy. Recommend a power screwdriver as there are alot of fasteners to remove and reinstall. I watched the video a couple of times before tearing into my car and had the tablet open with the video paused as I progressed. I agree with m5james in that it's far too easy of a job to pay that much money to install.

Reactions: Genie
@m5james Do you have the detailed instructions Hansshow sent with your trunk-lift kit? I don't care to tear into any car -- let alone a Tesla -- without knowing the exact procedure to install the product and return the car to its original, unmolested appearance. Thanks!
Sorry, I just saw this. I used a combination of random YouTube videos (some were more accurate/updated than others) along with the vagueish instructions provided. Surpringly once in there, a lot of it was pretty straight forward plug and play. My garage is open on the weekends if anyone wants to come up and get some help.

Reactions: Avatempest