Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for help evaluating a used Model S for sale in CA, 95742

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I'm searching for a pre-owned Model S and found one I'd like to purchase at a car dealership near Sacramento. I considered having it shipped to St. Louis and purchasing sight unseen but realize that would be a huge risk. I wanted to reach out to the forum to see if there were any members near Sacramento that might be willing to help me evaluate the car? I'd gladly pay for your time and would greatly appreciate the help!
Thanks,
John

Be aware that car purchased in California must pay CA sale tax (~9% depending on the county / city). Does this apply to you?

I was not aware but googled California car sales tax after reading your post. I found " You don't pay California's sales tax if you ship the vehicle from the dealership to your out-of-state destination." but asked the dealer to verify. I appreciate the warning, that would make a significant impact on the total cost of purchase.

I also live in Rancho. Is it listed at the local Toyota dealership? Before we bought our S, I test drove several Teslas from Folsom Lake Toyota. Most of the cars were in great condition and priced fairly (cheaper than Tesla, but of course without the extra Tesla used car warranty; factory warranty still applies). That particular dealership sells tons to out-of-State buyers.

Please share where the car is located and I'll see if I can be available to help take a close inspection.

I appreciate all the offers and have been looking into shipping quotes while speaking with a few dealers today. I may have posted the request a little early, the dealers are set on their advertised price of ~$57k and I assumed I'd be able to negotiate down to $55k, which is the maximum I can spend. I found several in the area, 2018 75D's that were previous Enterprise rentals with 15k miles, all around $57k. Autopilot is not active and lacks features, but has MCU2 and the option to purchase FSD, if/when available.

I appreciate all the offers and have been looking into shipping quotes while speaking with a few dealers today. I may have posted the request a little early, the dealers are set on their advertised price of ~$57k and I assumed I'd be able to negotiate down to $55k, which is the maximum I can spend. I found several in the area, 2018 75D's that were previous Enterprise rentals with 15k miles, all around $57k. Autopilot is not active and lacks features, but has MCU2 and the option to purchase FSD, if/when available.

mine was $53k with 19k miles from So-cal