Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for info on HW4 radar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first two posts here were merged from two different threads.

Am trying to find an image of where exactly the front radar sensor is located on a 2023 Model X. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had read some conflicting reports about non OSS equipped 23 Model X's, but the more I read the more it appears that they do still indeed have front radar sensors and do not rely exclusively on cameras.

With that being said, I am making some modification to the front of my X and are looking for feedback from someone who is very familiar with the radar sensor. I am adding some metal plating across the front of the bumper and am trying to determine the following:

#1. How far physically below the lowest point of the radar sensor do I have to be to not create an obstruction that would affect the sensor?

#2. Can I modify the bracket and raise the radar sensors position approximately 2-3'' higher inside of the bumper without creating any calibration or function problems?

#3. Can the radar sensor be relocated left or right without creating any calibration or function problems?

#4. If I do indeed relocate the sensor and raise it within the bumper, is it possible to do a recalibration so the car will learn the new location of the sensor and function properly?

Thanks!