Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for license plate frame recomendation for rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a grey Tesla 3. Typically, I got simple matte black frames. I might consider on the grey a chrome frame.
Also, are there 4 or 2 holes?
Any recommendation are welcome.

P.S. assuming there will be no plate holder in the front. Or do I have to specify not to?

My 3 came with a stainless 4 hole frame with “MODEL 3” etched on the bottom. I have that in the rear. The front came with the plate holder already attached and I’m fine with it - no frame on that one so I ordered a generic stainless set from amazon.

I am getting a grey Tesla 3. Typically, I got simple matte black frames. I might consider on the grey a chrome frame.
Also, are there 4 or 2 holes?
Any recommendation are welcome.

P.S. assuming there will be no plate holder in the front. Or do I have to specify not to?
As noted above, Tesla provides a "MODEL 3" labelled frame with the car. If you want a matching one for the front, you can order one from their online store.

As for the front plate holder, they do provide one that affixes via sticky tape. When I picked up my car last November, neither the rear frame nor the front holder were preinstalled, so I drove around "naked" until my license plates arrived. Since the start of this year, California (where I live) requires all vehicles leaving the lot to have temporary plates front and back, so the front plate holder is now preinstalled to accommodate the front one. Not sure what they do about the plate holder in states that don't require a front license plate. Is a front plate required in Machu Picchu?

I have a black one of these license frames on my Model 3 and love it.

4FF49622-2B03-4AD2-A086-1B8C6759EA19.png

Reactions: Vaillant
is there any negative to having NO frame? thats how i have gone with my previous cars and currently on my 3.
Hell no! I've done that for years, mostly to get rid of the advertisement usually put on it. My front plate has the convex cover, no frame and the rear is the factory 3.
My old trucks front plate was quickly molded to my bumper. Glad I didn't waste one up there.
Anyway Burrito, just do it. The look never bothered me!