Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for local expert for roadster w/ dead battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow roadster owners.
I am an early adopter (2008-1.5) but had never signed up on the forum until my car (battery) died. Similar story to some of the other posts I read (was connected to 120V in storage mode and away from it for a few month not knowing the car has issues with this mode...). After taking it to Tesla and some more searches (including connecting 12V power source, etc.), my "main" options seem to be (1) upgrade to 3.0 (very expensive); (2) try to "revive" what can be salvaged and replace un-salvageable sheets (but no idea as to its cost but in case of full replacement its cost is close to full upgrade - and much higher if $/kWh capacity is considered); or (3) sell the car and say goodbye to Tesla once and for all! After a lot of effort (thanks to many posts and some guidance from PG in AZ) I finally downloaded a log file for the first time since I had the car. So here are my questions/requests to the community:
* Does anyone have a parser/info that can open and interpret the .tar file? (the parser I found on the forum didn't work as it had expired!)
* Is there a local (in Bay Area, and more specifically East-Bay) "expert" whom I can connect with (hire) to help me figure out what is damaged/needs replacement so I can decide on my options? (for this, I understand we'd need to trickle charge the battery and see which responds??)
Thank you all... .m (Manuchehr)

Thanks PG! I had the earlier version (V15) which had an expiration date. The V18 that you linked to worked. Now to see what it says!
My second question/request is still on: local expert who can help find out what is the status of my battery sheets!