Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Midwest Tesla Owners help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who don’t know me, I am Liz Gattra, one of the co-organizers of the St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts. I am assisting a group of MBA students at SLU with their MBA project. Their project is to create a case study to show the advantages of installing destination charging at hotels. The case study will be distributed to various hotels in the Midwest in an effort to promote destination charging.
They have put together a survey to help them gather information about EV, specifically Tesla, owners to be used as part of the case study. Please take a few minutes to respond to their survey.

Note: the survey will be open until Mar 11, 2013.

Thanks,
Liz Gattra

From the Students:
Dear Tesla driver,

We are conducting research to improve your Tesla driving experience. Please complete the 11 question survey to help us understand where it would be optimal for Tesla owners to charge while staying in a hotel for traveling.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S83VNPG

Thank you for your participation,

Amy/Levi

Last edited:
Completed. I also think it would be important to link to (from here, maybe) so I can cite it to places. My family does smaller places (like VRBOs, B&Bs, and non-chain hotels) far more frequently for personal trips than we do large hotels, so helping you increase the results' reach to these types of places would be a good thing...

Done. Just want to add...I don't stay in a hotel that doesn't have charging capabilities unless zero hotels in any reasonable radius have charging capabilities. Charging = Yes... I will have additional questions. Charging = No...then... No further questions, thank you for your time.

Done. Just want to add...I don't stay in a hotel that doesn't have charging capabilities unless zero hotels in any reasonable radius have charging capabilities. Charging = Yes... I will have additional questions. Charging = No...then... No further questions, thank you for your time.
That's pretty much it, although I stay at a B&B whenever possible.

Survey completed, but I should mention that we are a no hotel family. We prefer to drive straight through. The only was we would spend money at a hotel with a supercharger available, would be to eat dinner there. If there wasn't a supercharger, forget it. There is a very slim chance we'd consider an 80 amp HPWC, but would never pay for it, especially if we were already spending money on the meal.

fyi We support businesses that support us. Going round trip from Dayton to ABQ soon. We are staying at motel/hotels that have SCs on site this trip. We always stay at destination charger motels if SCs are not available. We also eat and shop at places close to SCs. We always stayed at Hampton Inns until we got our MS. SCs are a good way to get new customers.