Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Model S and 3 owners in Western Washington

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am looking to connect with a few Tesla owners in the Western Washington area, anywhere from Blaine to Everett. I live in Bellingham, have 2 EV's in the household and thinking about switching to a Tesla. Would love to pick the brains of a couple of local owners.
Thanks

@SBPNW : I'll be in Bellingham for the week before xmas and I'd be happy to connect with you at a brewery or coffee shop and chat about Teslas, charging and road trips. I have a Model 3 AWD (here in DC) and my father has a Model X 75D that I'll be using during our stay.

Yes, I was debating between a used S and a new 3. Much as I loved driving the 3 I just could not make myself like the design. I have loved the design on the Model S and the hatchback is great for travel and transporting my dog. I also wanted AWD and I realized AP1 was good enough for me. Given the significant price difference between the Model 3 and used Model S AWD, my ambivalence towards the design of the 3 and my lack of interest in EAP it made sense to go for the used Model S AWD.
I absolutely love the car. Have driven over 1000 miles in the last month. It's not ideal for in city driving ( consumes too much energy, my Soul EV is way better for that) but on the highway it's amazing. AP1 takes away 90% of stress of driving and the free supercharging is a nice bonus.
You also have a S right? How do you like it?

Reactions: Big Earl
How was that drive from SD to Washington ?
I did it in the dead of winter last year all along I-5. Had no snow over siskiyous, but very cold weather all thru Wash and Oregon. About Sacramento, I went thru a car wash to get the grime off and the rest of the trip to San Diego was warm and dry. I mostly slept in the car, either at or near a supercharger and kept the heat on all night. The car was very comfy at 73 degrees inside and 28 outside! Absolutely no range anxiety.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Yes, I was debating between a used S and a new 3. Much as I loved driving the 3 I just could not make myself like the design. I have loved the design on the Model S and the hatchback is great for travel and transporting my dog. I also wanted AWD and I realized AP1 was good enough for me. Given the significant price difference between the Model 3 and used Model S AWD, my ambivalence towards the design of the 3 and my lack of interest in EAP it made sense to go for the used Model S AWD.
I absolutely love the car. Have driven over 1000 miles in the last month. It's not ideal for in city driving ( consumes too much energy, my Soul EV is way better for that) but on the highway it's amazing. AP1 takes away 90% of stress of driving and the free supercharging is a nice bonus.
You also have a S right? How do you like it?
Yes, bought a used S. I was a day 1 reservation holder for the 3, but my wife and I just like the S better. I have a very short commute so I didn't feel the need for AP or FSD. We'll see in the future if I regret that decision:)