Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for model S on east coast $50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I am new here but very much wanting a used model S within 50k budget. Everything I have liked has been on west coast and is not very practical to buy since I live so far. So I thought I post to anyone who is selling maybe they can reach me!
Looking for model S
White exterior
Prefer dark interior, grey, black.
AP1 doesn’t have to be enabled, just available.
50k or under.

It really make sense to do a national search for your car. Having the car shipped is not a big deal and you can even fly out to see the car if you really want to. Otherwise you are really limiting yourself to available options.

For $50K, you should have a goal of purchasing an 85D. It's the best value for your money at that price as you get AWD and Autopilot and excellent performance. Basically sit on your $50K until you find a suitable 85D and don't buy anything with a lower battery capacity at that price.

Here is a Tesla CPO 85D for $53K. This car has been going down in price by about $1,000 every week or few days so keep an eye on it and it should be right around $50K shortly.

Of course it is a CPO so that means it could be decent or all filthy and damaged so make sure they are not trying to sell you a damaged car. On the plus side, you get a 4 year warranty, about the only good thing right now in buying a Tesla CPO.

Inventory Search | Tesla

And here's also a private party 85D for $53K. Maybe you can make an offer for $50K and they will accept it.

Model S / 2015 / Blue - 18aac | Only Used Tesla

Thank you for your insight. So if I’m not willing to go and see the car but am confrtable it’s a good purchase how would that transaction take place ?

If you can't evaluate the car personally, I would pay about $135 or so and have a professional go visit the car for a pre-purchase inspection. They will then forward to you a comprehensive report and photos of the actual car.

Do your diligence and find a reputable pre-purchase inspection company. A professional inspector will likely know things to lok for that you may miss. Here's what a typical inspection looks like.

CARCHEX - Inspection Report

Extended Car Warranty & Vehicle Inspections | CARCHEX

From there it is up to your comfort level to figure out how to handle payment and delivery.

My biggest recommendation is to use an ENCLOSED carrier. If you are feeling up for it, make a road trip out of it and drive your car home :)

Reactions: Carl_Drogo