TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for Model S owners from upstate NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Aplusgems, May 17, 2013.

1. Aplusgems

Aplusgems Member

Hi All,
    Recently ordered my "S" and expect delivery mid June. (can't wait) I'm wondering if there are any Model S owners in the upstate NY area? I'm from the Albany area and would like to communicate with fellow owners near me.

Thanks,
    Al

2. Fuxjager

Fuxjager Member

Hello Al,
    I am in Woodstock!
    There is one in Saugerties also, but I have not met the owner yet.
    Kurt Fuxjager

3. LiteWait

LiteWait Member

#3 LiteWait, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    I am from Albany but I've been living in Houston for a year and a half now. Hopefully I will make it back to upstate NY soon. My mother still lives there and I plan on buying her a Model X next year.

I called Senator Hugh Farley's office today on behalf of my mother to let him know I was against Bill No A07844A: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A07844&term=2013&Summary=Y&Text=Y

I told him that I was against the bill for one simple reason: If you decrease competition for something then the consumer will be worse off, plain and simple. Increasing competition will ultimately benefit the consumer. A07844A constrains competition.

4. Aplusgems

Aplusgems Member

Hi Litewait,
    We called our representatives and explained basically the same idea concerning unfair competition. According to my computer research this morning Bill #A07844A was not voted on. Our local paper states the legislative session ended Saturday morning 6/22/2013. so we may have a reprieve until next year.
    We love our Tessie which is now 9 days old.

Keep in touch if/when you get back to Albany.
    Al Smith

5. Tharo

Tharo Member

It's not about competition, it's about the political force people to pay money to a dealership who make lobby with political (and I think they pay to the politicals). In Italy it's the same, and italians say it MAFIA.

6. LiteWait

LiteWait Member

Tharo: It would be distasteful and my point would not come across well to senators that take large contributions from auto dealers if I pointed out to them that they are the epitome of rent seeking behavior who strangle innovation and derail progress in this Country.

When trying to be political you have to use your words carefully. The most obvious thing to point out is that increased competition is better for the consumer. No one can argue with that.