TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for Model X owners in Des Moines area

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by MikeNice, Aug 26, 2016.

1. MikeNice

MikeNice New Member

If you own a Model X and live in the Des Moines area, boy would I like to talk to you. I'm helping set up an event for Drive Electric Week, in West Des Moines at the Valley Junction Farmer's Market on September 15th. We've reached out to the KC Tesla store and they can't "officially" help us. I know, right? But we would so love to be able to show off a Model X. Your car would be the center of attention, guaranteed. If we could get other Model S and X owners to stop by, even more awesome!
    Does this sound like fun to you? If so, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

2. JasonS

JasonS Member

I'm not sure if there are any in Des Moines yet. I spoke to an X owner in Cedar Falls that took delivery 2 months ago and he was told he was the first one in the state but I'm not sure if that is accurate.

3. MikeNice

MikeNice New Member

Perhaps that owner would be interested in helping out?
    How about someone in KC? 2 hours away isn't that far, right?

4. drummerm

drummerm Member

I saw a black Model X in Ankeny several months ago. It was brand new and still had the temporary registration tag on it. Unfortunately I have not seen it since.

5. drummerm

drummerm Member

I just remembered, there is a guy in Iowa City with one.

6. MikeNice

MikeNice New Member

Thanks for your help. Anyone have a lead on a MX owner who can/will help out?
    Many thanks.
    Mike