Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking for original NEMA adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

barney

Dec 28, 2018
CA
I recently put in a 240 NEMA plug as our original roadster supercharger died, but don't have the orginal adapter that came with 2010 roadster - anyone have one / know where I can find one?

The original roadster HPWC is repairable, you can buy any part that has gone. I would look that route first. After that I would go Open EVSE or Tesla HPWC with a CAN Sr. But if you are set on using the original UMC please note its less than reliable.

The original roadster HPWC is repairable, you can buy any part that has gone. I would look that route first. After that I would go Open EVSE or Tesla HPWC with a CAN Sr. But if you are set on using the original UMC please note its less than reliable.
I’m sure the Clipper Creek version is repairable, but a parts readily available for the original Roadster HPC (built by Tesla)? I do agree that a new HPWC or even mobile charger plus the CAN SR makes the most sense these days.

I’m sure the Clipper Creek version is repairable, but a parts readily available for the original Roadster HPC (built by Tesla)? I do agree that a new HPWC or even mobile charger plus the CAN SR makes the most sense these days.

Tesla just put the cord on. The rest is Clipper Creek. They still sell the same unit (just with a standard j1772 connector)

70/80A Level 2 EVSE CS-100 Hardwired | ClipperCreek

Ooooh, that one. Yeah, I forgot about that one. I know very little about it other than that it wasn't as good as the gray Clipper Creek one that came later.
I have the original Tesla-made HPC and it has not given me any trouble for 10 years. The only limitation I've noticed is that with some 2.x cars it claims a ground fault and won't charge.