Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for P90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I just made my account today and am hoping that this will help me find my dream car. I’ll be 21 next month and have wanted a Tesla for a long time. By the end of this summer I’ll have around 60k saved up for one and am getting a head start on finding the right deal.

I really appreciate anyone’s input or help in finding this car for me.

I’m looking for a P90D because it’ll probably be the fastest I can get in my budget. There are plenty of little features that I like but the 3 must haves are:

Ludicrous Mode
Autopilot
Rear facing jump seats

I’ve found one with 60,000 miles for 65k but I’m hoping to find some other options. I’m not in the biggest hurry but will be buying by September and will buy sooner if I find the right deal.

Thank you for your help!

Thanks for the link my man! Not sure if that one has the rear facing seats or ludicrous mode but it is pretty!

I'm talking to a guy now that says the p85dl is faster than the p90dl. Is that just when the p90dl has the v1 or v2 battery or does it still apply with the v3?

Thank ya'll!

With V3 p90dl should be faster than p85dl

Also the rear jump seats u can buy used I wouldn’t let that hold u up as you won’t find many p90dls with that option ..

I would look for

-refresh nose
- ap2.x
-V3 batt

With V3 p90dl should be faster than p85dl

Also the rear jump seats u can buy used I wouldn’t let that hold u up as you won’t find many p90dls with that option ..

I would look for

-refresh nose
- ap2.x
-V3 batt

Thank you for your reply my man! So wait, you can buy the jump seats later after all?? I thought that they have to come from the factory because of trunk reinforcement, bench position, ac lines, etc? If that's the case I'd love some more detailed information. It would make my search a lot easier if I didn't have to find a car with that option already!

Also you can add ludicrous mode after as well, right? Sometimes I hear $10,000 sometimes $5,000. Can you help me on that?

I really appreciate the advice as this will be my first Tesla and I want to do it right!

Thank you for your reply my man! So wait, you can buy the jump seats later after all?? I thought that they have to come from the factory because of trunk reinforcement, bench position, ac lines, etc? If that's the case I'd love some more detailed information. It would make my search a lot easier if I didn't have to find a car with that option already!

Also you can add ludicrous mode after as well, right? Sometimes I hear $10,000 sometimes $5,000. Can you help me on that?

I really appreciate the advice as this will be my first Tesla and I want to do it right!

There are some threads here on retrofit ...

I had a P85D with them before they are not real practical and wouldn’t recommend if u really want three rows get an X..that’s what I ended up doing ;)

For ludicrous upgrade hard to say as the battery needs the special fuse ..if u got an earlier p90 non lud ..that didn’t have the fuse you probably can’t upgrade anymore

In general given issues with p90 I would avoid and either get a p100 or P85D

Well maybe I'll save up for a p100. The cheapest I've seen one is 80k. Anyone know where I could find one more reasonable? I would like to know more about that 3rd row option though. I think it's pretty cool and if it's under 5k to upgrade to that I'd probably be down.

Thanks again!

Well maybe I'll save up for a p100. The cheapest I've seen one is 80k. Anyone know where I could find one more reasonable? I would like to know more about that 3rd row option though. I think it's pretty cool and if it's under 5k to upgrade to that I'd probably be down.

Thanks again!
U should have more options as Off lease vehicles come up ..also with recent refresh hopefully that brings prices down on P100 u still have few months left to save ;)

The P90D bashing on this forum is idiotic. A P85DL is NOT faster than a P90DL... regardless of the version. The least it would ever be is just as fast with all other things being equal. If the earlier versions of the 90 were as failure prone as some try to make them seem on this forum & you get a v1 or v2 you'll end up with a brand new v3 batter free of charge at some point so... who cares? The disparity between different versions of 90 packs perpetrated on these forums is astounding to me. There are MINOR differences but acting like a P90DL is worthless because it has a v1 or v2 pack is just stupid. Like you would be better off buying the P85D over a P90D if they were the same price. This is exactly how some members here make it seem & it's simply not accurate. This is coming from a P85D owner and if you have a P90D equipped exactly the same with the same miles in the same condition with an earlier version pack that keeps you up at night let me know and I'll trade you straight across. I'll even drive where you are to make the deal happen. Anything to "help" a fellow TMCer. ROFL

If you find a good deal on a P90D and it fits what you're looking for... buy it. You'll be just fine.

You can retrofit the rear facing seats. The brackets are a tough find, but sometimes doable via a service center (there are two generations of these). The bumper reinforcement is a controlled item, Tesla won’t sell it directly.

Install, based on my experience was via YouTube, I couldn’t find a shop to install on my wife’s P85.

All said and done, it cost me $2500 to source and install the seats and reinforcements in her car.

My P85DL came with them. I’d recommend a P85DL or a P100DL.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
85s and 90s cannot be retrofitted with Ludicrous anymore. I’m not sure if 100s can be retrofitted... that said, I believe it has to be purchased before delivery.

From what I’ve read, Tesla is removing Ludicrous from P85DLs, they’re still selling it on P90Ds (but not able to be retrofit if it’s not already accomplished/upgraded). I assume that’s due to P85DLs baseline operation is less impacted by the battery (90 v1, 2, 3 and potential issues or what have you).

Best of luck, PM any questions!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
The P90D bashing on this forum is idiotic. A P85DL is NOT faster than a P90DL... regardless of the version. The least it would ever be is just as fast with all other things being equal. If the earlier versions of the 90 were as failure prone as some try to make them seem on this forum & you get a v1 or v2 you'll end up with a brand new v3 batter free of charge at some point so... who cares? The disparity between different versions of 90 packs perpetrated on these forums is astounding to me. There are MINOR differences but acting like a P90DL is worthless because it has a v1 or v2 pack is just stupid. Like you would be better off buying the P85D over a P90D if they were the same price. This is exactly how some members here make it seem & it's simply not accurate. This is coming from a P85D owner and if you have a P90D equipped exactly the same with the same miles in the same condition with an earlier version pack that keeps you up at night let me know and I'll trade you straight across. I'll even drive where you are to make the deal happen. Anything to "help" a fellow TMCer. ROFL

If you find a good deal on a P90D and it fits what you're looking for... buy it. You'll be just fine.

Thank you for your input my man! I’ve been looking for the “right” car but keep getting thrown around in different directions. Hopefully I can figure something out. The deals on these cars in theory would get better by September no?

Thank you for your input my man! I’ve been looking for the “right” car but keep getting thrown around in different directions. Hopefully I can figure something out. The deals on these cars in theory would get better by September no?
All cars depreciate. Each month you shop you'll find that they're losing like $1k-$2 or so. By September you'll be able to find something similar for thousands less.