Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking for phone mount attachment to center console of model 3 in Canadian market?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have researching a good phone mount that can mount my Samsung galaxy ultra with case. But I want to be close the center console so I can use it control spottily music list on my phone instead.

so far this is the only one I found that can be ordered from Amazon.ca but it is a bit pricey.
https://www.amazon.ca/Topfit-Cellph...088FJF6K3/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

What other recommendations do you guys that can ordred in Canadian market?

Thank you

You probably know already but... the original Model 3 black glossy center console is a thin plastic wrap on the surface, not a solid finish. No indication it is any different on today's cars. Someone posted a picture where they'd used a strong suction cup to mount their phone to the center console, and the result was a circular mark where the plastic surface had wrinkled and been sucked up into the suction cup.

@MD-2000, I tried different phone holders. I like to have something practical and also no too much noticeable.

So I bought the following $12 US - Car Phone Mount with Strong Suction and Long Arm Cell Phone Holder with X-Shaped Clamp
to test the location next to the screen, as you mentioned.

This can be a good location because you can reach the phone with one finger when you have you hands on the wheels,
and can provides an extra display for navigation like Waze.

However, I like to have my smartphone closer to my eyes in a position more similar as holding the phone in my hand.
In particular if I need to type some text to send a message or doing some address search.

I would say that I rarely use my phone when on the wheel, as I'm mostly doing city driving, but this could be different for a long trip.
So I generally put my phone for charging, and if I get a call, I don't need to grab my phone to answer since the phone is connected to the car.​

So another location that I tried was to put the phone sitting in the middle of the central console,
which makes it easy to use when you have your arm on the armrest.

The base of this particular smartphone holder has just the right size to fit between the two cup holders and the central console door.

The length of the post is match the high of the Model 3 armrest, which make the usage very comfortable.

I have a Samsung Note which is quite large, and with the protection cover that I have , it is often difficult to find a smartphone holder wide enough.
The X-Shape Clamp is wide enough and easy to open with one thumb and it takes a second to put the phone in place inside the holder.

It is also easy to rotate for portrait or landscape position.
Well, I hope this can help. This phone holder is not very expensive and you can try two different locations for it.

I also tried one of those water bottle holders to keep the phone in place near the armrest.
However, those smartphone holders are not easy to remove if you want instead to put a drink in the car cup holder,
and kind of bulky when you remove them as they cannot fit under the armrest container.
Also the one I tried didn't allow the adjust the high to have the phone aligned with the high of the armrest.

71JaT2tOoRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited: