Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for pics of the vegan steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to order a Tesla soon and I'm considering requesting the secret vegan option with the alternate steering wheel. Have any owners posted pictures of the vegan steering wheel? I'm wondering how its quality and ergonomics compare to the standard one.

I'm planning to order a Tesla soon and I'm considering requesting the secret vegan option with the alternate steering wheel. Have any owners posted pictures of the vegan steering wheel? I'm wondering how its quality and ergonomics compare to the standard one.

I wish I had the non-leather option, or at least was informed of it when we ordered our car. This is the 4th car we've had with a leather steering wheel and I hate the upkeep. I think Leilani Munter's car has the vegan example of the steering wheel.

There are some pictures here:

Vegan car shoppers try to steer clear of leather | Autoblog

They don't show the whole wheel though...

I think those folks have posted on TMC somewhere, so if you do some digging you might be able to find them and send them a PM...

- - - Updated - - -

Re: the pics – why don't you just contact Tesla and ask them to send you some pics?

- - - Updated - - -

According to the article the The Peterses seems to be happy with the quality.

- - - Updated - - -

@investmentgamer

Just remembered this was your first post...

As I understand it you need to have posted ~five posts before the PM function is available to you. The exact number of posts are not known and could be subject to change by the admin from time to time...

I have a vegan steering wheel.
IMG_6278.JPG

I would say it feels just like the leather wheel and looks good with decent stitching. Unless someone was desperate to touch a cow I doubt anyone would have complaints if this was standard (ducks from people misreading and thinking I am preaching and breaching their human rights ). Just the usual textile seats with synthetic leather.
image.jpg

I would have like to have the non-leather option as well. However, when I ordered my car leather was tied to heated 12-way seats. I could have done without the 12-way, but not the heated.

Errata: The title of this thread always makes me wonder if you're supposed to cut up the steering wheel and eat it (something like a vegan sausage).

Same as next gen seats - only in leather when I ordered earlier this year. I am fine with these seats, but I am a slim jim so a little extra vegan hug would be nice.

I do find calling the steering wheel vegan funny - I am not full-on vegan from a dietary perspective, but do keep away from dead things where practical. Get my shoes and belts from vegetarian-shoes.co.uk, now why are my shoes vegetarian but my car vegan?!