Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking for purchasable options to enhance aero wheels on blue M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have scrubbed the forum and am looking for one of two things: blue decals for the aero covers, or blue center cap+lug nut cover kits. Anything to add at least a little blue to my 18" wheels.

All I've found so far were these center cap/lug nut cover kits on ebay, but no way to know if its cheapo looking in person or if it matches the tesla blue metallic.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-20Pcs-Silicone-Wheel-Covers/dp/B073TQQGFN

Tesla motor Model 3 Aero Wheel Center Cap Kit 3D Printed Recycled ABS BLUE | eBay

I watched the Youtube on the Aero Wheel Wraps (
), and the white on a white car looks nice, supposedly other colors coming soon. Has anyone tried the white wraps on a blue or other color M3? If so, please post an image. I would like to do something to those aero wheel covers to improve the aesthetics.

upload_2019-8-20_12-32-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-20_12-29-35.png
    upload_2019-8-20_12-29-35.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 60
I watched the Youtube on the Aero Wheel Wraps (
), and the white on a white car looks nice, supposedly other colors coming soon. Has anyone tried the white wraps on a blue or other color M3? If so, please post an image. I would like to do something to those aero wheel covers to improve the aesthetics.

View attachment 444330

That looks amazing....

....said nobody ever. I don't think it's possible to make the Aeros look good. I'm sorry, but... no.

• Funny
Reactions: TJ73
WilliamG, that is certainly a worthy opinion. And I can't disagree that the aero wheel covers are less than attractive. I do think the wraps make those aero covers on the white 3 look somewhat better. I wonder if there is real-world data confirming that the aero wheel covers do actually improve range... Probably 10 or more threads on that somewhere.

WilliamG, that is certainly a worthy opinion. And I can't disagree that the aero wheel covers are less than attractive. I do think the wraps make those aero covers on the white 3 look somewhat better. I wonder if there is real-world data confirming that the aero wheel covers do actually improve range... Probably 10 or more threads on that somewhere.

Nobody denies they improve range. But they're as ugly as sin, wrap or no wrap. :D

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

2.9% difference using the aero hubcaps- not worth the ugly IMHO.

FWIW I've got blue and use the Tesla cap/lug nut kit and frequently get complimented by folks about how good "those wheels look compared to the goofy stock ones I always see"