Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Reservation Transfer for 7 seater Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have family visiting in April and need a car by this time (My order's delivery date is July). Wanted to see if anyone would want to transfer their reservation for a 7-seater Model Y if they are not planning on using it themselves.

I believe this is possible if you call your Tesla sales manager based on other threads I read on the topic in this forum. I'd be happy to add an incentive as a thank you for making our life easier. = Located in San Francisco - so anywhere in the Bay Area would work.

Thanks,
Paula

There was another recent poster who said Tesla canceled his order after he attempted to take over a reservation. You may want to double check, but I don't believe Tesla is allowing reservation transfers these days like they have in the past. Due to such high demand you can imagine the field day scalpers would have.

Reactions: Casperr
The only way this would work is if the existing reservation holder takes delivery of their car, pays for all the BS (reg, doc/title fees, and taxes), then sells the car to you - in which case you would have to pay aforementioned fees/taxes all over again in your name. There is no way around it without a 3rd party (dealer) being involved. Unfortunately, private party to private party sales make no sense for either party. It’s honestly not worth it. The car would cost the person selling it to you about $6,000 just to turn around and sell it to you and then you would be paying the same fees.. that’s a lot of money wasted. This is done intentionally to prevent people from flipping these cars for profit just like how Tesla now forbids lease maturity buy outs.

Check with a 3rd party dealer and buy a “used” new-ish Tesla if you want one without waiting. Sorry, but this is the only way.