TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for Roadster 2.5 Glacier Blue, Twilight Blue, Orange, Gray (So Cal)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by ipdamages, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

My wife got a new job 7 months ago and is fed up with traffic and commuting early to avoid it. We looked at Model Ss, but it is too big. She is a woman who likes cars, so driving a spiritless vehicle is not an option. As a result, we are about to become a 2-Roadster family.

We want a 2.5 in the colors I listed in the title. Flexible on options and Sport. We have about five we are evaluating from the CPO list, but thought we would see if anyone wants to sell theirs. There are a couple cars for sale by dealers, but they reflect pricing before the CPO glut and resultant price decline.

Too bad she doesn't want a Lightning Green. A sweet deal can be had on a 2.5 Sport in San Diego.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

If it's sweet enough of a deal, get a wrap on it.

3. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

2.5 sport is the way to go without a doubt! The color should not be a deal breaker.......... Although the orange is pretty extreme

4. ipdamages

Good point, brian, on the wrap. Or she could just get it painted, as I did with my car, and then she can have whatever color she wants.

I think you mean to say "2.5 Sport with the glass top is the way to go without a doubt!" In fact, I imagine she will want to be using the glass top a good amount of the time so as to keep the noise down, whereas I'm not trying to make many phone calls on the freeway in my Roadster, so the mesh top might end up being my go to top.

5. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Wraps are great since they protect the paint and the color can be changed much easier compared to a repaint (in case she ever decides that she wants it in a different color). The use of a warp also means the resale value isn't affected like it would be with a repaint. (Of course, this may not really matter.)

6. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

How much does a decent wrap cost?

7. ipdamages

These guys said it was about $3K-$4K (for a Roadster).
    Vinyl Wrap