Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking for roadster-qualified tech in SF North Bay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the Napa Valley north of SF and have been trying to find the closest service center that can do maintenance on my Roadster. I am not having much luck getting anyone from Tesla to answer that question. Does anyone here know? Thanks!

Once upon a time I had a problem that my local Rocklin SC couldn't deal with (a busted wheel lug bolt), and the overall Tesla Service folks referred me to the SC in Santa Rosa. That was a clueless referral (it's a 150 mile drive), but the local shop was able to get the needed tool from them. Is the Santa Rosa SC no longer able to help?

Do yourself and your car a favor and consider sending it to the Roadster Whisperer & Sons here. Need more inspiration? Watch below...
@CM_007 ☝️

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
Do yourself and your car a favor and consider sending it to the Roadster Whisperer & Sons here. Need more inspiration? Watch below...
@CM_007 ☝️
thanks for posting that! I'll see if they can give me any advice.

I have had a good interaction with a gentleman named Daniel in the San Rafael Tesla SC for Roadster. You might call and ask for him by name. I haven't taken the car in yet. I'm also unclear whether the work is now being done in San Rafael or Corte Madera.

Small update after speaking with Daniel, the new Service Advisor at the San Rafael SC (who is, by the by, a super awesome and helpful guy).

Tl;dr: San Rafael is now the only first-party NorCal Tesla Service Center with a Roadster technician. They’re a bit overwhelmed/under-resourced, but still actively working on cars.

The San Rafael SC isn’t closing, but it’s not exactly “open”, either. S3XY service now goes through through the Corte Madera SC (some of which is farmed out to and performed at the San Rafael SC location, but booked through Corte Madera).

All NorCal Roadster service (3.0 upgrades, annual service, etc.) is being performed in San Rafael by their sole remaining Roadster technician, and can be booked through the San Rafael SC.

They’re pretty backlogged, which may point some folks towards Jamison Cummings’ new spot in Hayward if they need expedited service. (Jamison, aka @MaverickXV, was Tesla’s first service technician, and is, more or less informally, the local Medlock affiliate). His location in Hayward is about halfway between Oakland and Fremont.

Tl;dr: San Rafael is now the only first-party NorCal Tesla Service Center with a Roadster technician. They’re a bit overwhelmed/under-resourced, but still actively working on cars.

They’re pretty backlogged, which may point some folks towards Jamison Cummings’ new spot in Hayward if they need expedited service. (Jamison, aka @MaverickXV, was Tesla’s first service technician, and is, more or less informally, the local Medlock affiliate). His location in Hayward is about halfway between Oakland and Fremont.
How large an area is "NorCal"?

I'm just east of the Rocklin SC, where I almost had an appointment a few months ago to do the annual service, but decided to do it myself instead because they wanted to keep the car for over a week. At the time, they had one (1) Roadster qualified service tech, and refused to focus him on doing the Roadsters. Is Rocklin no longer doing Roadsters?

Is Medlock South open now?

I am in the Napa Valley north of SF and have been trying to find the closest service center that can do maintenance on my Roadster. I am not having much luck getting anyone from Tesla to answer that question. Does anyone here know? Thanks!
You are in luck. Jamison Cummings with help of CM_007 just opened a shop in the area. Contact info Jamison at maverickxv.com.

Reactions: MCroadster

I'm just east of the Rocklin SC, where I almost had an appointment a few months ago to do the annual service, but decided to do it myself instead because they wanted to keep the car for over a week. At the time, they had one (1) Roadster qualified service tech, and refused to focus him on doing the Roadsters. Is Rocklin no longer doing Roadsters?

I don't know how far east it goes, but last week I was at the Sunnyvale and Santa Clara service centers and they indicated that they have all consolidated their roadster tooling and technicians, in the SF bay area to San Rafael.

It's unfortunate to hear that it sounds like this consolidation has overwhelmed the few remaining technicians instead of helping improve efficiency.

Glad to here that Jamison Cummings is starting out a shop in Hayward, I look forward to seeing his operation.

Reactions: gregd

Hey there, sorry I missed this earlier I don't come on the forums as much as I should. My Tesla website is at maverickev.com my contact info is on the site.

Reactions: gregd
I don't know how far east it goes, but last week I was at the Sunnyvale and Santa Clara service centers and they indicated that they have all consolidated their roadster tooling and technicians, in the SF bay area to San Rafael.

It's unfortunate to hear that it sounds like this consolidation has overwhelmed the few remaining technicians instead of helping improve efficiency.

Glad to here that Jamison Cummings is starting out a shop in Hayward, I look forward to seeing his operation.
Look forward to seeing you as well! Come by anytime!

Reactions: MCroadster
Once upon a time I had a problem that my local Rocklin SC couldn't deal with (a busted wheel lug bolt), and the overall Tesla Service folks referred me to the SC in Santa Rosa. That was a clueless referral (it's a 150 mile drive), but the local shop was able to get the needed tool from them. Is the Santa Rosa SC no longer able to help?
Are you still in Rocklin? I live very close to that Rocklin SC and I have a Roadster - would love to go on a drive with you if you're local!