Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for S60 with AP1 under $35k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I know/guess this would be very lowball figure. Just looking for S60 with AP1 to beat daily commute of 75miles in stop and go traffic. Preferable if it is eligible to get extended CPO or if it is added I can pay the delta amount. Doesn’t care about interior/exterior color and normal wear & tear. I live in Dallas area, any pointers from fellow members to find my ride is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jag

• Funny
Reactions: IdaX
Least expensive Tesla CPO I see with a 4 year warranty for a S60 with Ap1 is $45K,

I'm not saying it is impossible but your price goal is going to be tough. You should be able to find a private party vehicle for right around $40K though.

Thanks Hein. I’m debating between spending $35-40k on AP1 model or bump up like $45-50K and get AP2. As later case will hold the value if you would like to sell it in future. And if you want to sell model with AP1 would be tough in future as market will be flooded by M3s with 2.5 or greater in couple of years.
As my main purpose is AP to beat stop & go traffic, some part of me says go with low value of AP1 and use it for 2/3 years and trade away.

Thanks.

i agree i dont see this happening for anything less than low 40s with AP 1 unless it has a ton of miles and then that means likely little to no warranty left.... i think your goals across the board are about 5-7K off But stranger things have happened...

GL with search

I’m debating between spending $35-40k on AP1 model or bump up like $45-50K and get AP2.

The absolute cheapest AP2 CPO car we've seen so far was sold at $55k.

There's nothing wrong with getting an AP1 car for stop-and-go driving if price is your biggest concern.**

But if you're serious, I think you need to up your sights by about $10k in both paths. Anything close to the numbers you're quoting for AP1 or AP2 is either a car with super high mileage and likely out of warranty, and/or has accident history, or is a salvage car. You really do get what you pay for.

** I personally believe that AP2 will remain at par with AP1 for quite some time -- at least a few years, but likely even longer.

Reactions: JPUConn
extra features like the ping ponging in lane that ap2 does lol

Honestly, I did notice AP2 doing a tiny bit of ping-ponging that AP1 has never done, but it wasn't serious enough to really worry about.

In terms of resale value of AP1 vs AP2, what matters more, features or (perceived) performance?

As of right now and IMHO the foreseeable future, AP2 will not have any features above and beyond what AP1 has.

I saw one on Tesla site that S60 with CPO at 45k$, thinking Tesla’s CPO add margin around 7-8k$, I posted my figure. I’m also in same boat like AP1 and AP2 at par for few years, enlight me if I’m wrong.
Thanks.

Not sure there's a difference. I just last week got a brand new 100D loaner with AP2.5, and I really couldn't distinguish any differences from AP1 in features or "performance."
I don't feel as AP2 will not stop in time if traffic suddenly stalls as this has happened multiple times with my AP1 car. Could be updated computer. AP2 does a better job of staying in the very center the lanes. AP1 tends to drift from one side to the next (not saying it crosses lane). There are certain parts of freeway driving with construction where I can recreate it crashing into a barrier if I don't take over. That is not the case for AP2. Other than more nagging for AP2, I feel AP2 is better at this point and can only get better. Either they've stopped development of AP1 or they have reached it's limitations.

Oh I forgot that AP2 tends to want to go off the freeway if you have a left lane exit. Not sure if this happens with AP1.

Honestly, I did notice AP2 doing a tiny bit of ping-ponging that AP1 has never done, but it wasn't serious enough to really worry about.

In terms of resale value of AP1 vs AP2, what matters more, features or (perceived) performance?

As of right now and IMHO the foreseeable future, AP2 will not have any features above and beyond what AP1 has.

when i get an AP2 loaner or sit in my friend's AP2 cars, it drives me nuts. might just be the bay area roads where it does it a lot.

im in the same boat as you, P85D+ with next gen seats is the way to go! haha

i do think AP2/FSD will overtake AP1 in the future but i believe AP1 value will hold as it the driving aids that people are looking for

Just wondering can somebody share their experience if, Solely purpose to drive in daily commute stop and go traffic, how much beneficial AP1 vs .AP2.

Are there on ramps and lanes merging? Both will do a better job than any car without AP but both will share any drawbacks. It’s possible in a few years that EAP will do better at lanes merging but also possible AP1 can be improved as well.

Pricing expectations at $35k for AP1 are salvage territory or 1+ yrs ahead of depreciation.