Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for softer ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also not seen the word 'moderate' on their website. When you guys are talking about moderate, are you talking about these?

Dual-Rate Linear Comfort Spring Set for Tesla Model Y Performance and Dual Motor

(as opposed to the lowering ones)
No, referring to the lowering ones: Unplugged Performance Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs Tesla Model Y

There's a dropdown box allowing you to choose either 'mild' or 'moderate'. Agreed that it's not the most logical way to sort out the 3 different springs they sell...

...from Eric Torres at Unplugged Performance:

Eric Torres
Fri, Jan 8, 11:18 AM (9 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

We currently have three spring options available for the Model Y: Comfort, Mild, and Moderate.

I’m kinda not sure what the discussion is here. It’s pretty obvious they have “comfort” and they have their “lowering”. Putting all the springs into one would be super confusing bc the comfort is at stock height.

Eric, Which do you recommend to improve ride quality and not lower ride height ? Are they all now available?

The COMFORT is supposed to maintain stock height while improving ride quality. They are currently about 4 weeks out on backorder.

I ordered the MILD which will drop 1 inch on a non performance MY.

MODERATE drops 1.5 inch on a non performance MY.

Non Performance is 0.5 inches higher than a Performance.

Unplugged Performance also offer these Mild Springs. I have a set that are due to be delivered soon. Once installed I'll post my results based on my precisely tuned and calibrated "Butt Meter".
@GeezerSquid did you get the mild springs installed? You happy with them? I'm going to do something with suspension on my 2021 MY LR with 20" wheels. Love the car but finding the rough ride a bit too much. Hoping this might be a useful option. Let me know if you don't mind

This is my number one concern in purchasing. I have watched many, many youtube videos where the ride appears smooth and the harshness does not even come up in the review. Is it possible this infliction doesn't affect all Ys?
Mine w 20” induction wheels/stock tires is only slightly harsh over some types of bumps. Not uncomfortable and way better than my Volvo V50 was.

Reactions: Noflash