Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for some guidance here......what's a completely unreasonable time frame for 2020 Model S to not be repaired after an accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 Model S was t-boned on the passenger side and airbags were deployed, thankfully nobody was hurt but it was emotionally traumatic. I immediately called my insurance and made the claim on the scene while the police called the tow truck. My car was taken to a repair shop and I am now going on 8 MONTHS of getting the run around about parts not being available, specifically an airbag and seat. I understand there are supply issues but I have completely run out of patience after battling my insurance who authorized this repair shop but then realized later it was not an authorized shop (too many details to include about this nightmare). I've read about other's experiences with long turnaround times but 8 months seems completely absurd and the stress has been overwhelming. The shop manager is telling me some cars are waiting a year or more. Any helpful advice or shared experience would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4066.jpg
    IMG_4066.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 228
How in heaven's name did your car end up at a NON-Tesla-approved body shop?

That right there is likely a major source of the problem as Tesla only sells some parts to approved body shops!
Probably the standard insurance line of, "if you send to one of our preferred shops, we guarantee repair labor is covered. If you do NOT send to one of our shops, we cannot guarantee we will pay the labor rate they charge, and if it is over what we determine is the prevailing rate, you will owe all of those dollars."

I know when I got hit in 2018, the overlap of "Tesla-approved" and "shops with insurance approved labor rates" was one. I just checked; that shop is no longer on the Tesla list, so potentially the overlap is now zero.

Upvote 0
Probably the standard insurance line of, "if you send to one of our preferred shops, we guarantee repair labor is covered. If you do NOT send to one of our shops, we cannot guarantee we will pay the labor rate they charge, and if it is over what we determine is the prevailing rate, you will owe all of those dollars."

I know when I got hit in 2018, the overlap of "Tesla-approved" and "shops with insurance approved labor rates" was one. I just checked; that shop is no longer on the Tesla list, so potentially the overlap is now zero.
Wow, I would simply have to have the car towed to the nearest body shop where there WAS/IS overlap then.

Doing otherwise is asking for trouble.

Upvote 0