Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for some straight answers on Model 3 Performance Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darn - out of stock. Oh well, I can wait a bit. It seems like these might be better than the Alpin, but these Tirerack reviews are always so subjective.
Does anyone know if the Pilot Sport all seasons were discontinued? They were out of stock a few weeks ago and now not even listed on tire rack. Seems like now the only choice that fit the uberturbine rims are the Alpins, which are way more expensive.

Reviving an old thread...anyone have any other options for a Model 3 Performance other than the Michelin Alpin if you just want a 20 inch all-season tire on the Uberturbines that come with the car? It looks like the AS3+ was discontinued but I haven't seen a replacement...

What about the continental dws06? Or their newer plus version? Looks like they dont have a 235 but available in a 245-35-20. Little more rim protection. I have them in wider versions on my aftermarket staggered 20's and I'm very happy with them. I don't track my car or anything but they do great for an all season.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
What about the continental dws06? Or their newer plus version? Looks like they dont have a 235 but available in a 245-35-20. Little more rim protection. I have them in wider versions on my aftermarket staggered 20's and I'm very happy with them. I don't track my car or anything but they do great for an all season.
I am researching and want the Conti DWS06 plus 255-35-20. Does anyone know if I should have any concerns on my uberturbines with these 255's?

I am researching and want the Conti DWS06 plus 255-35-20. Does anyone know if I should have any concerns on my uberturbines with these 255's?
Same size I have on my 8.5" front wheels. Sorry I dont know the specs on the uberturbines. I like having the extra rim protection even tho I'm very careful.
20210801_144546.jpg

20210801_144258.jpg

Resurrecting old thread. I haven’t a clue what I’m doing when it comes to tires. Truthfully I probably wouldn’t have gone M3P if I had known I needed to replace tires.

Im east coat based. If I get the Michelin AS4 will those be a good choice for a place that gets rain but very rare snow?

What’s a fair rate for someone to put them on?

Resurrecting old thread. I haven’t a clue what I’m doing when it comes to tires. Truthfully I probably wouldn’t have gone M3P if I had known I needed to replace tires.

You never replace the tires.
Replace sets of wheels+tires instead - way easier, rims take less damage, and long-term more cost effective (unless you burn up tire sets per season, which can be done ;-).

Im east coat based. If I get the Michelin AS4 will those be a good choice for a place that gets rain but very rare snow?

Where on the East coast?
Do you have a back-up car with real snow-tires for when the snow does hit and you need to drive some place?

The answer will differ tremendously depending on whether you are in MA, NJ, VA, or SC!

That varies by tire size and aspect ratio. Smaller aspect ratio (e.g.: 35% sidewall to tire width) are harder to install than higher aspect ratio tires. Then don't forget the cost of balancing and old tire disposal.
Search for installers in your area at the link below, then observe the cost of their services.

I replaced my rear Michelin Mx4s at 16,000 miles on my Model 3 Stealth (too much 0-60 in 3.0 seconds :)). Put on a pair of Bridgestone Potenzas RE980AS and after 10,000 more miles they have handled great in high winds and heavy rain (drove 5 hours through the rain bands of Ida at night in the KY, TN, GA mountains on the way home from MN). Cost was $420 for the pair…installed and alignment adjusted at Firestone. Will see how well the 50,000 mile Warrantee works :). I see there is now an RE980AS+ out now that is supposed to have a better ride and better in snow. Not an issue here in FL but curious if anyone has tried them. 18” wheels btw.

Interesting to see there’s a 50k warranty on the tires. I’m in Florida also, and am at the cusp of 50k miles in my PD3+, with the original Michelin AS4s. I’ve heard a lot of early tire wear stories here, but they’ve held up well for me.

Yes, the AS4 should be fine for you if you don't get lots of snow.

Fair rate would depend on your area but $80-$140 for all 4 tires with mounting and balancing would be my guess.

Yes, the AS4 should be fine for you if you don't get lots of snow.

Fair rate would depend on your area but $80-$140 for all 4 tires with mounting and balancing would be my guess.

Thanks. Last question I cannot seem to get clear answer on (and I guess I could wait until I have the car and just look), but tire rack says the tires on a model 3 performance are 235/235, but in other places I see 235/35-20 and 275/30-20.

I see options for 19”, 20”.

If what I care about is range and safety more than the absolute fastest ride (I’ll never go to a track day or whatever), what do I get ?

Thanks. Last question I cannot seem to get clear answer on (and I guess I could wait until I have the car and just look), but tire rack says the tires on a model 3 performance are 235/235, but in other places I see 235/35-20 and 275/30-20.

I see options for 19”, 20”.

If what I care about is range and safety more than the absolute fastest ride (I’ll never go to a track day or whatever), what do I get ?

Just sell the 20s and get a nice set of 18s with PS4 all-season performance tires if you want max safety and range (and ride comfrot). You are in DC and doesn't really need snow tires if you are careful. Put the 20 inch on sale as soon as you get them and they should offset the 18 price. They have a for sale section on this forum too. Hope this helps

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
Just sell the 20s and get a nice set of 18s with PS4 all-season performance tires if you want max safety and range (and ride comfrot). You are in DC and doesn't really need snow tires if you are careful. Put the 20 inch on sale as soon as you get them and they should offset the 18 price. They have a for sale section on this forum too. Hope this helps
Stupid question #2,009: But does that mean the wheel / rim gets sold with the 20s and I have to buy a whole new set? I assume so right?

Im too lazy to sell the 20s. Ill just give them to someone probably.

Stupid question #2,009: But does that mean the wheel / rim gets sold with the 20s and I have to buy a whole new set? I assume so right?

Im too lazy to sell the 20s. Ill just give them to someone probably.

Thats how it usually works. You can pre-emptively buy them before you get the car and install them soon as you get home (or have a shop do it). Many nice wheels for the Model 3 Performance now. I got a set of T-sportlines that I like but you can get forged ones for more money which weigh less.