Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for somebody to take over my Model X lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I am moving and have 14 month left on my current lease so I am looking for a lease takeover in California. I have a 2018 Blue 7 pass Model X 75D with white interior. Very good condition, non- smoker and no accidents. Please let me know if anybody is interested. Thank you

Last edited:
Not without a $7,500 down payment. Also, you can't get a seven seat MY right now. For better or worse, the MX and MY are simply different vehicles.
Ok, then with that very same $7500 you can get a brand new X for approx. $250-500 less per month (based on term) so I'm not understanding what would be the benefit of taking over a 2 y.o. MX for more money, far less range and is used...unless you're leery of an extra 10 mos. of lease.

Reactions: Rmf1981
Ok, then with that very same $7500 you can get a brand new X for approx. $250-500 less per month (based on term) so I'm not understanding what would be the benefit of taking over a 2 y.o. MX for more money, far less range and is used...unless you're leery of an extra 10 mos. of lease.

I don't disagree that a $1,500/month payment is going to be a tough sell on a 2018 MX 75D but some people may not be willing to commit to even a 24 month lease. I am also assuming the OP is not looking for any sort of down payment and therefore offers a lower monthly payment versus new. A new blue 2020 MX LR+ with seven seat white interior would be around $1,687/month plus tax (I wonder if the OP's payment includes tax?) with $695 acquisition fee and first payment due at signing on a 24 month/10k miles per year lease.

Last edited:
Reactions: YanaS
Only benefit in this deal is a 14 month lease.[/QUOTE

Why would anyone want to pay a premium for a 14 mo lease?

I'm sure there are fringe cases, but in general this would make no sense. Plus, usually around this stage in the lease the car needs new tires, and you have to pay a disposition fee as well.

There's a reason many of the sellers on swapalease or at leastrader offer incentives to move their cars.

Why would anyone want to pay a premium for a 14 mo lease?

I'm sure there are fringe cases, but in general this would make no sense. Plus, usually around this stage in the lease the car needs new tires, and you have to pay a disposition fee as well.

There's a reason many of the sellers on swapalease or at leastrader offer incentives to move their cars.

2 words - tax write off (businesses)

There are plenty of people that would be open to this sort of thing. Don't assume just because it doesn't make sense to you it doesn't make sense to someone else.

Exactly. As an independent contractor I lease for the tax advantage. Taking over a lease and not having to put money down makes them much better leases. Still nowhere near the desired 1% but you just can’t do that with Tesla anyways.

2 words - tax write off (businesses)

There are plenty of people that would be open to this sort of thing. Don't assume just because it doesn't make sense to you it doesn't make sense to someone else.

That's rather condescending of you to say it that way.

That said, sure,I guess your point is that if someone else is footing the bill, probably less likely to care about the actual dollar amount. How shocking ....