Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for someone who could lend me or rent his Tesla in Montreal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I have a special request for you guys! In May, I will finish my Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering at Polytechnique Montréal. On this occasion, a ceremony and a banquet were organized by the school to highlight the efforts of students. These activities will take place at the Hotel l’Entourage sur-le-Lac in Quebec City from May 4th to 6th inclusively.

Currently living in Montreal, I’ve always been passionate about the Tesla and in order to emphasize this opportunity in my own way, I wondered if any of you (Tesla owner) would have the possibility and the will, of course, to lend me his Tesla for these 3 days. I would be willing to pay a certain amount for the “rental”, unless one of you wants to give me a small graduation gift!

I have already driven several Model S as well as Model X and I am planning to order a Model 3, so nothing to fear in terms of operations, features or charging.

I have obviously thought of looking at sites such as Turo and other companies, only, most have age restrictions, and do not take into account my knowledge or my passion for those beautiful cars, plus it seems like the price is exorbitant.

I thank you in advance. Do not hesitate to contact me in private if you want.

Again, thank you and have a nice one!

Already a company that rents Tesla's in Montreal. Might get a better deal from private owner..

Tesla Car Rental Montreal | Luxury Car Rental | EV Cars - Evoto

As mentioned in my initial message:

I have obviously thought of looking at sites such as Turo and other companies, only, most have age restrictions, and do not take into account my knowledge or my passion for those beautiful cars, plus it seems like the price is exorbitant.

That said, I feel like $300 or $400 for 24H is a lot! By posting here, I was wondering if any private owner had a much more “human” offer to make!

There are some on Turo too I believe, in Montréal.
Other than that, I believe JNauto do some some rentals (tests) too (few days to a week).
Roulezélectrique in trois rivières do that too.

I haven’t tried JNauto, I’ll look them out! Has for Roulez-Électrique, I don’t think they have Tesla for rentals, but maybe I’m wrong!

I’ll keep looking around, but feel free to let me know if you guys had any other solutions for me!

Thank you!

I don't know the insurance aspect of that. If you happened to get into an accident, heaven forbid, whoever lend/rent you a car will see his/her insurance premium goes up.

Let’s say I borrow the car, since I’m insured for my own car, any damaged to anyone else’s car, if I’m driving it is covered by my insurance, not by the other people insurance. I called multiple insurance companies here in Quebec and they confirmed to me that the owners insurance shouldn’t change, no matter what happens if the driver has is own insurance.

Let’s say I borrow the car, since I’m insured for my own car, any damaged to anyone else’s car, if I’m driving it is covered by my insurance, not by the other people insurance. I called multiple insurance companies here in Quebec and they confirmed to me that the owners insurance shouldn’t change, no matter what happens if the driver has is own insurance.

Interesting. May be because you are in Quebec.

My understanding, after talking to my insurance company about this is though the driver has his own insurance, it’s my insurance that will be affected. Somebody can correct me if I misunderstood.

The agent explains to me this way, your driver may just happen to insure a budget car, of which he is paying a lower premium. His insurance won’t be able to cover your Tesla.

My brother recently lent his car to his friend and that friend got into an accident, My brother's insurance is involved and they are the one who are going to pay.
The driver's insurance is not involved at all.
This is in Ontario

Interesting. May be because you are in Quebec.

My understanding, after talking to my insurance company about this is though the driver has his own insurance, it’s my insurance that will be affected. Somebody can correct me if I misunderstood.

The agent explains to me this way, your driver may just happen to insure a budget car, of which he is paying a lower premium. His insurance won’t be able to cover your Tesla.

The insurance told me about the price range of the car. What they told me is if the car was falling in another price range, I needed to pay more to be insure on a more premium car!

To be honest, you are better off getting someone who trusts you to rent you the car from Toro or one of the other rental places that carry Model 3s. Quebec could be the same, but in Ontario it could be at least $50-$60 a day to rent a Chevy Impala base....i'll repeat, a Chevy IMPALA :confused:...so a Model 3...yeah expect $200-$300 a day. I would be surprised someone would be willing to lend you their car for a 3 day joyride any less than that. Let not get started about the fact you are not old enough to rent a car by yourself.

Either way, best of luck with your search bro.

Reactions: adaptabl
No harm in asking right?

Good luck with the search. I am too far away BC to even consider it.

Thank you for the support

Asking is fine.

But to be honest, Nobody would rent a car (event budget car) to a complete stranger no matter how much they would get per day; just way too much risks involved. We are here just relating the fact.

The simple solution is to rent a Tesla from a rental company, they are setup to do that, we are not.

I mean, maybe you wouldn’t, but maybe someone would. I understand the risk, and I also understand that you, personally would be scared, but I’ve driven other peoples car before, could have been a Tesla, a Rolls-Royce, it doesn’t matter if my I insurance is covering that, (It’s article 27 here is Quebec) which it does.

Again, thank you very much for your help

I don't know about Quebec but I've gotten down to about $150 a day for a model 3 in Ontario if you look around and get one that's a little further away and not as convenient to pick up. That was this summer, should be even more on turo now. And as others have said you'll pay $50-$60 a day for the most generic car you could think of so I don't think it's outrageous.