Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, Frontenac Racquet Club is off of Lindburgh by Grassi's. I play there regularly, and saw the silver MS parked there once, but when I asked around the club, the car owner either didn't want to acknowledge or was playing on the courts at the time. Hope I catch him/her there again.

The Volvo has treated me well, and the seats are so comfortable. The car is reasonably speedy, and I enjoy the 6 speed manual (only way to go with an ICE). Once I bought the missus the Volt this year, though, it became clear that the advantages of electric are undeniable. It pains me now every time I have to stop at the gas station since she has gone since April without a fill-up. And the wonder of the low center of gravity and immediate acceleration (even with the relatively meager HP/Torque) just makes you want it all the more.

Will watch for you at FRC.

- - - Updated - - -

The Sig Red that I saw was travelling northbound on Lindburgh at Clayton. Doesn't sound like you were travelling in that neck of the woods. congrats on the new "real" bundle of joy. Your Model S is going to be jealous.

DocDog welcome!

The Red you saw may have been Watt-Ups. He has a red one and that sounds like his area of town or it could be the other one that was on the same trailer as his, delivered to a guy in Clayton.

Right now the count of known (by me) S's in St. Louis area is:
The Silver one in Chesterfield owned by a mystery guy.
Watt-ups's Red one
FlasherZ's Red one, though it is most often found in Ill.
The red one owned by the guy in Clayton.

I am P2359 but a 60kwh. So I'm hoping for delivery in Jan. and making it the 5th (or so) S in St. Louis.

I'm not sure why I haven't come across this thread sooner, but I'm also a fellow resident of the St Louis area*, and proud reservation holder (#10,074).

*I live in Belleville, IL, but I work in the Soulard area, and grew up in South City.

I'd be interested in meeting up with other Tesla fans, either pre- or post-delivery.

John

Hello People confirming this week and wondering if you could share your road trips starting or ending in this area i.e Southern Illinois and St Louis. That will expand our understanding of how far we can strech our roadtrips and what kind of infrastructure is in place, it was interesting to learn about Normal IL which has good EV charging options as an initiative from the city.

finalized a 85KWh non performance yesterday, hoping to pick it up from STL service center which would be operational by my delivery period march/april and drive home 130miles, wish people around STL started a group or a network, its easy to be lost and unnoticed in this huge forum. I think people like me from rural areas would benifit sharing experiences. Really appreciate and respect the effort people put in building this great resource and community. Hope the meet on saturday goes well, wish I wasn't working.

finalized a 85KWh non performance yesterday, hoping to pick it up from STL service center which would be operational by my delivery period march/april and drive home 130miles, wish people around STL started a group or a network, its easy to be lost and unnoticed in this huge forum. I think people like me from rural areas would benifit sharing experiences. Really appreciate and respect the effort people put in building this great resource and community. Hope the meet on saturday goes well, wish I wasn't working.

There is a St. Louis group, although we hold it in a separate forum.

http://www.meetup.com/Saint-Louis-Tesla-Enthusiasts/

There's an event in St. Louis today - I know 130 miles is kinda long. I live near Carlyle Lake, good to see more people from South of I-70!

EDIT: I should read, you know of the group because you know of the meet-up! Leaving it here for others though!

There is a St. Louis group, although we hold it in a separate forum.

http://www.meetup.com/Saint-Louis-Tesla-Enthusiasts/

There's an event in St. Louis today - I know 130 miles is kinda long. I live near Carlyle Lake, good to see more people from South of I-70!

EDIT: I should read, you know of the group because you know of the meet-up! Leaving it here for others though!

Thanks FlasherZ, you are a big help on the forum, I think EV-tripping to STL on a good day should be fun from Carbondale, my challenge would be planning Chicago with 2 kids on board, seriously hoping for Supercharger on I-57 by summer holidays.