Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Structural Measurements for a 2018 Model S 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am new to the forums here. Have been working to rebuild a 2018 Model S 75D that we bought as salvaged in Toronto Canada with only 12000 km. Was hit from the front passenger side. It was declared salvaged. It needed the frame part where the fender sits, fender, bumper, hood and control arm etc. Shock etc were fine.

We have gotten it fixed, it drives beautifully and all but the title is still salvage. To convert it to a rebuilt title, the shops that do the structural safety to do not have the structural body/frame measurements and Tesla is not providing the print out.

Any chance anyone has those already that would be really helpful.

I have made an appointment with Tesla SC for Dec 2nd but rather have the title sorted out to rebuilt before going to them. Have to get an airbag the car is still missing. Been looking for months for used but unable to find (1005259-00-G LH Knee ).

Thank you in advance.

Ok man, here is the info you need, I went through this process about a year ago and it was an outright agony to figure it out.

you need to look for a body shop that has Spanesi frame machine. This is one of a selected few machines that is certified for Tesla frame measurements.
No one will give you frame specs for Tesla, but even if you somehow get it, those specs are not usable with most certification machines used in GTA, the spec needs to come as a bundle with the certification machine in order to recertify the car with mto.
Tesla does not do any structural certifications, don’t even bother:(
The few shops in gta that do, are authorized Tesla body shops like 427 collision and shift motors, but they will not do this certification for you as they only do it as a part of complete repair:(
And now the advice that’s worth a bottle of whiskey - Xtreme customs.

send me pm if you need more help, I’ll try to help with what I know

Thanks EZBoy.
Called them and got some info that may be useful to others in the same scenario.

They can indeed to Tesla Structural Safety and require the below to proceed.
1. Original estimate by insurance of damages
2. Original pictures of damages (Color 8x10)
3. Pictures on frame machine while its being repaired
4. Bill of sale of New Parts
5. Used parts have to have VIN of vehicle they came from and bill of sale
6. Structural alignment (they can provide in house)

Will work on getting this together and see how goes. Will update as i get more info.