Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Tail Light Blackout Overlay - Any Ideas?

Nizzore

Feb 8, 2019
NJ
I don't want a full smoke out, that's too 1998, but I am looking for something that blacks out the inside/chrome area. I found a few small-time sellers on Amazon which look ok for the investment but I figured I'd ask here first if anyone has a good recommendation for something pre-cut and from a reputable source?

Nizzore

Feb 8, 2019
NJ
Why would anybody want to do this?

Why would anyone want to do anything to their car? Because they want to?

Here's an image to give a better idea. My rear has the tesla emblem removed in favor of the "T E S L A" chrome letters which looks really clean, and I thought maybe this would be a great way to clean up the rest of the rear. I don't dislike the taillights.

81B2xF%2BJJ4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
I don't want a full smoke out, that's too 1998, but I am looking for something that blacks out the inside/chrome area. I found a few small-time sellers on Amazon which look ok for the investment but I figured I'd ask here first if anyone has a good recommendation for something pre-cut and from a reputable source?
It’s gonna be difficult to find someone who sells precut the way you want it. Your best bet is probably attempt to cut it out yourself. Which could be a but tricky. Or you could try painting it with lens tinting spray paint.

Nikola3327

Jun 2, 2019
Raleigh
Why would anybody want to do this?

I’m with you. Personally, I want people to see my tail/brake lights. I had a lot of friends that did this in the 90s that did this and not surprisingly they got pulled over a lot more often. Some even blacked out the headlights, which makes even less sense to me.

spindrome

Apr 10, 2019
SF Bay Area
579910BC-65AE-4A74-B11E-2B1D57342914.jpeg
Why would anyone want to do anything to their car? Because they want to?

Here's an image to give a better idea. My rear has the tesla emblem removed in favor of the "T E S L A" chrome letters which looks really clean, and I thought maybe this would be a great way to clean up the rest of the rear. I don't dislike the taillights.

81B2xF%2BJJ4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

reminds me of: super cool!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC