Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Tail Light Blackout Overlay - Any Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want a full smoke out, that's too 1998, but I am looking for something that blacks out the inside/chrome area. I found a few small-time sellers on Amazon which look ok for the investment but I figured I'd ask here first if anyone has a good recommendation for something pre-cut and from a reputable source?

Why would anybody want to do this?

Why would anyone want to do anything to their car? Because they want to?

Here's an image to give a better idea. My rear has the tesla emblem removed in favor of the "T E S L A" chrome letters which looks really clean, and I thought maybe this would be a great way to clean up the rest of the rear. I don't dislike the taillights.

81B2xF%2BJJ4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't want a full smoke out, that's too 1998, but I am looking for something that blacks out the inside/chrome area. I found a few small-time sellers on Amazon which look ok for the investment but I figured I'd ask here first if anyone has a good recommendation for something pre-cut and from a reputable source?
It’s gonna be difficult to find someone who sells precut the way you want it. Your best bet is probably attempt to cut it out yourself. Which could be a but tricky. Or you could try painting it with lens tinting spray paint.