TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Looking for Tesla-loving Attorney re Canadian & American Law (or EU?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pollux, Jan 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pollux

Pollux Active Member

Dear TMC,

Some of you may recall that I was involved in the Climate XChange Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle in fall, 2015, with drawing January 1, 2016. You may recall that the Grand Prize was a nicely-optioned Tesla ($110K) PLUS CXC also paid for the federal gift withholding tax on the car ($37K). Plus five other prizes. Many of you helped (still love you and grateful to you for that!). It was designed to spread the word about putting a price on carbon emissions and also raise funds for an environmental organization. Many aspects of the raffle were an homage to Tesla and TMC. Turns out that pretty much everyone on this forum is smarter than I am, so I haven't had much to contribute, so the raffle was my way of contributing.

Now we're gonna do another. Soon.

Last one was USA nation-wide.

I'd love to expand the scope to include Canada. Or even the EU!

There was a lot of legal work shaping up the first raffle to honor the applicable laws and regulations of Massachusetts and the United States (at least at the federal level, and we think we're in good shape with the states' laws, but can't claim to have reviewed the relevant laws & regs in each and every of the 50 states!).

Don't even know where to start to get a handle on Canadian law and any cross-border issues (much less EU).

If you or someone you know would be interested in helping extend the Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle's reach to Canada or the EU(*), please let me know. We can even pay (although we'd prefer not to).

Thanks,
    Alan

(*)Including Britain. I don't think they can Brexit fast enough to beat our raffle. :)

P.S. Mods, I took my best guess as to where to put this thread. If there's a better categorization, would you just please go ahead and move the thread. Thank you.