Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for thoughts on Model S LR (refresh) vs. M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just sold my '20 MY and took delivery of the '21 LR MS last week. I will say MS is night and day better. Of course, you pay the price to get all the creature comforts. Even though the MS is the LR version and delivers 3.1 sec 0-60, the acceleration is incredible. The car is confident and pose. The suspension isn't jarring and out of control. The MY suspension feels un-refined and harsh. I heard Tesla might be adding air suspension for the MY next year... If that happens, we'll be getting a MY again. I have a reservation on a MY currently. :p
How’s the car 6 months later? Yoke, controls, any vibration?

I sold my 3P and got a '21 LR about 1 year ago. Both cars are great, the MS is way bigger, smoother and faster at speed. It is a luxury car, the 3P is a sportier car. I have come to really like the yoke once they fixed the turn signals. The shifting is better and their is less vibration in the LR. The 3P is more tossable and willing in the twisties and easier to fit in parking spaces.

I have a very early LR and did have to put tape on the rear seat bracket and foam on the hood hinge support to stop two rattles, otherwise it has been perfect and actually uses slightly LESS energy than the 3P, so real world range of about 340 miles vs 230 on the 3. (both have the big wheels)

I sold my 3P and got a '21 LR about 1 year ago. Both cars are great, the MS is way bigger, smoother and faster at speed. It is a luxury car, the 3P is a sportier car. I have come to really like the yoke once they fixed the turn signals. The shifting is better and their is less vibration in the LR. The 3P is more tossable and willing in the twisties and easier to fit in parking spaces.

I have a very early LR and did have to put tape on the rear seat bracket and foam on the hood hinge support to stop two rattles, otherwise it has been perfect and actually uses slightly LESS energy than the 3P, so real world range of about 340 miles vs 230 on the 3. (both have the big wheels)
Hey I've got that rattle I think (it doesn't rattle if the seats are down). Where do you put the tape on? Just right on the bracket or next to it as cushion?

I sold my 3P and got a '21 LR about 1 year ago. Both cars are great, the MS is way bigger, smoother and faster at speed. ... The shifting is better and their is less vibration in the LR. The 3P is more tossable and willing in the twisties and easier to fit in parking spaces.
small correction: Tesla has no gears (forward/reverse/neutral perhaps that is what you call shifting??)

small correction: Tesla has no gears (forward/reverse/neutral perhaps that is what you call shifting??)
Yeah changing between P/R/N/D is shifting. In the model S they have the auto shift thing, which is meh at best. Not dangerous because it requires extra confirmation when you use it. Not sure if they were referring to auto shifting, or the screen sliding for shifting, which is also perfectly fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Brando
I get in the car, put my foot on the brake, put on my seatbelt, tap the brake again and the car 'shifts' or energizes reverse automatically. Very nice, and then after backing out of the garage, swipe the screen to go forward. Not that the 3 was hard to shift, I do prefer the S method.