Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for tire suggestions on a 2018 MX 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just hit 30k on my 2018 MX 100D. The tires are worn out and need replacement. I quoted some local tire shop and they suggested me to go with "Ironman Imove Gen 2 SUV 275/45/20" tires. Each costs $132 (total cost of $692). I asked them about replacing the tires with original ones and they told me those were $346 each (total cost of $1619). Are the original ones this expensive? I thought tires were roughly $100-$200. I live in california. Most of the time I drive on dry roads, sometimes wet roads and very rarely snow roads. Should I get the original ones because of the quality (assuming it's better)? Any other brands / models I should consider?

Thanks for any leads. Sorry if this question sounds stupid but I know pretty much nothing about tires.

Rear tier:
IMG20230331174104.jpg

Front tire:
IMG20230331200003.jpg

Pretty sure stock 20s didn't have foam. 22s did, with Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico PNCS
Continental Contisilent have foam but they weren't stock tires...
My 2016 and 2017 had stock Contis. You'd get different tires depending on what state/area your car was delivered in.
See early wiki many of us contributed to: Wiki - Model X FAQ (wiki)

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0