Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for VP level contact, Tesla Energy, issues with PTO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your reply. I hear what you're saying and Accounting mentioned that too. However, when I called Customer Service today, they said that full payment was not a requirement for PTO. I will pay them what I owe, but I never pay in full, until the job is complete and the system is on. I have asked for an Accounting Manager to call me.
Thanks again.
I had to pay 90% to my installer before they would submit to PGE for PTO

Thanks for your reply. I hear what you're saying and Accounting mentioned that too. However, when I called Customer Service today, they said that full payment was not a requirement for PTO. I will pay them what I owe, but I never pay in full, until the job is complete and the system is on. I have asked for an Accounting Manager to call me.
Thanks again.
They very well could be doing something different right now, given that multiple people are being told 60-90 days etc for PTO. Tesla being slow on PTO isnt a new thing, however. My solar only install done by solar city in 2015 took like 7-8 weeks from inspection to actual PTO. It was super frustrating back then, so I get it.

Thanks again.
That is interesting, I was told the opposite. When I complained they had not submitted any paperwork, and asked why I had to pay then, her response was, "we will not submit for pto until you have paid". This would have been around the mid, to end of May.

That is interesting, I was told the opposite. When I complained they had not submitted any paperwork, and asked why I had to pay then, her response was, "we will not submit for pto until you have paid". This would have been around the mid, to end of May.
Hey Brain, I'm quickly learning that Tesla never provides a consistent message. Each Rep tells you something different. When you ask for a Manager they tell you that it will be 7-10 days until they call me. I was initially excited to buy their product and now, I'm disappointed in that lack of customer service. Accounting did tell me that I needed to pay in full, before they begin the PTO process.

However, the customer service rep today, Kristen told me that my PTO paperwork was in the queue. It sounds like Tesla has a very frustrated customer base. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: brian.c
Hey Brain, I'm quickly learning that Tesla never provides a consistent message. Each Rep tells you something different. When you ask for a Manager they tell you that it will be 7-10 days until they call me. I was initially excited to buy their product and now, I'm disappointed in that lack of customer service. Accounting did tell me that I needed to pay in full, before they begin the PTO process.

However, the customer service rep today, Kristen told me that my PTO paperwork was in the queue. It sounds like Tesla has a very frustrated customer base. Thanks for your input.

Its unfortunate, but you are in a position of having to believe one of the following things:

1. A person in accounting, who tells you that there will be no PTO submittal until payment, which matches what everyone else was told / previous tesla policy on PTO, etc.

2. Some random support person who tells you something that directly contradicts the above, and says that they will submit PTO without final payment.

If i were in your position and thinking about believing person 2 (which, I do not, btw), I would want something in writing, from person 2 stating that my PTO is in process and final payment is not required to process PTO. I doubt you will receive such assurance in writing, however.

Its unfortunate, but you are in a position of having to believe one of the following things:

1. A person in accounting, who tells you that there will be no PTO submittal until payment, which matches what everyone else was told / previous tesla policy on PTO, etc.

2. Some random support person who tells you something that directly contradicts the above, and says that they will submit PTO without final payment.

If i were in your position and thinking about believing person 2 (which, I do not, btw), I would want something in writing, from person 2 stating that my PTO is in process and final payment is not required to process PTO. I doubt you will receive such assurance in writing, however.
I got sent the section of the contract I signed from accounting saying 90% due after install, and will not submit PTO unless paid