Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Wall Connector Installer - Courtenay/Qualicum BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The installation will be in Bowser (between Courtenay and Qualicum) in July 2022.

I see some Teslas being driven around between Courtenay and Qualicum, and the nearest SuperCharger is in Nanaimo, so I’m guessing there is more than one experienced installer in the area.

The installation would be inside a two-car garage. I think it would be a pretty straight forward installation.

I would have two wall connectors installed. The breaker box is near where one wall connector would be installed. The other wall connector would be on the opposite wall, so I guess the cable would run up the wall by the breaker box, across the ceiling, then down the opposite wall.

Any electrician can do this. There is also a BC Hydro rebate if you fill in the form and your electrician completes it.

If you use baseboard heat, your panel may not support 2x wall connectors at 60A each, they'll have to do a panel load calculation.

Any electrician can do this. There is also a BC Hydro rebate if you fill in the form and your electrician completes it.

If you use baseboard heat, your panel may not support 2x wall connectors at 60A each, they'll have to do a panel load calculation.
Thanks. I sent quote requests to several electrical companies. I want someone who is experienced in this as I plan to have two 3rd generation wall connectors installed. I believe that this means I can have them connected to a single 60 A as the 3rd generation wall connectors do load sharing. I refer to this:

Note: In the event that your leader and followers have different circuit breakers, you have to individually connect to each of the followers on different breakers via the Wi-Fi broadcast, and then set the correct breaker limit.

The words, “In the event that your leader and followers have different circuit breakers…” suggests to me that they don’t have to have different circuit breakers.

Some of the companies didn’t respond. One said they weren’t accepting any new work. Another didn’t understand about the load sharing and quoted a price with two circuit breakers. One has asked me to phone them next week, so I’ll see how that goes.

I am intent on having a fossil-fuel-free lifestyle. Pretty much everything in the townhouse is electric. I have an electric furnace, water heater, oven. I think the bigger question about capacity will come when I am arranging to have a heat pump installed. But 200 amps is a lot.

Reactions: IWRBR
Today I talked with an electrician who is listed on the Tesla website. He said that although two wall connectors can be hooked up to one 60A breaker, TSBC (Technical Services BC) the safety inspection agency will not permit it. TSBC requires a 60 A breaker for each wall connector. I don’t like it, but that’s the way it is.

I’ll have to wait until I take possession of the townhouse to be able to do a load assessment.