Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for wheel suggestions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Krisco65

Nov 29, 2020
Wa
Time is almost near to replace the factory Pirellis on MYP.

I am considering going with a full wheel and tire replacement based on how FREAKING heavy the 21" uberturbines are.

Anyone have any suggestions on a lighter wheel that isn't stupid expensive? I will not be doing anything that will require the wheel to be extremely strong (racing etc) so I am purely looking for something that looks good and is lighter than factory for a little better acceleration and range.

I would like to stay with the 21" and staggered setup due to the look, or something close to it.

Thanks.

These are amazing. My friend and I both but these on our 2021 Model Y Performance

Zink Enterprise

Then on all four corners: Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS - SIZE: 275/40ZR20

The complete change in the vehicle is amazing -- huge drop in unsprung weight with these forged wheels

Tires fit perfectly and are amazing - plus you can now rotate tires.

Look into the Martian MW-03 wheels. Great looking, light, and reasonably priced.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-11 100431.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-11 100431.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 149
These are amazing. My friend and I both but these on our 2021 Model Y Performance

Zink Enterprise

Then on all four corners: Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS - SIZE: 275/40ZR20

The complete change in the vehicle is amazing -- huge drop in unsprung weight with these forged wheels

Tires fit perfectly and are amazing - plus you can now rotate tires.
How did you fit a 275 tire onto a 9” wheel?? The stock 9.5” wheel has a 255 and can just barely accommodate 275. This seems odd.

Nice wheel though.

For lightweight wheels, rotary forged is probably cheapest. Just make sure the wheels are at least half of the maximum gross axle wheel rating of the front and back (I think Model Y is 3307lbs, so wheels at least 1653lbs weight rating). I went with Aodhan AFF7 in 20x10.5, which are $337 a wheel, 24lbs each, and 1653lbs weight rating.

For acceleration, lightweight is better. For range, narrower is better. We have 10.5" width with all-season tires and can tell that the range is less (had Uberturbines on summer tires). If you have a narrower (9") and more aerodynamic wheel, your range will go up, especially if you have less rolling resistant tires.

Attachments

• PXL_20220310_152238004~3.jpg
    PXL_20220310_152238004~3.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 118
Time is almost near to replace the factory Pirellis on MYP.

I am considering going with a full wheel and tire replacement based on how FREAKING heavy the 21" uberturbines are.

Anyone have any suggestions on a lighter wheel that isn't stupid expensive? I will not be doing anything that will require the wheel to be extremely strong (racing etc) so I am purely looking for something that looks good and is lighter than factory for a little better acceleration and range.

I would like to stay with the 21" and staggered setup due to the look, or something close to it.

Thanks.
check this gallery out, good look at various options: Model Y Wheel Photography

Reactions: e645824