Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for X 100D 2018/2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there!

Looking to buy a used Model X 100D (Long Range) 2018 or 2019.
I'm aware of what's on carsales, and that there's no demo units available at tesla.com for months now.

Anyone looking to sale and upgrade to Raven? :)

Without being an expert (but having friends who've recently bought Teslas) I think you might be better off seeing if you can get a good deal on one of the inventory cars they have for sale. None of them seem to be Raven but otherwise they should be latest spec and looking on carsales they seem to have a fair few colours to choose from as well. I'm not sure that going used would save you a lot of money...they're still rare on the used market and they seem to keep their value quite well.

Without being an expert (but having friends who've recently bought Teslas) I think you might be better off seeing if you can get a good deal on one of the inventory cars they have for sale. None of them seem to be Raven but otherwise they should be latest spec and looking on carsales they seem to have a fair few colours to choose from as well. I'm not sure that going used would save you a lot of money...they're still rare on the used market and they seem to keep their value quite well.

There are no inventory cars in Australia, unfortunately. Last ones I've seen were in March; nothing new since then. Asked Tesla Sydney, they told me they'd put trade-ins there or when selling demos, but that is quite rare.

There are no inventory cars in Australia, unfortunately. Last ones I've seen were in March; nothing new since then. Asked Tesla Sydney, they told me they'd put trade-ins there or when selling demos, but that is quite rare.
Weird...17 cars come up when you search. All different models with very specific drive away prices. I guess those are just indicative of new car orders it seems. If that's the case, you're right....last time there were inventory cars was in March (a friend bought one) and I remember them sending text messages to promote good prices for them. I am wondering whether with Raven coming out and the Model 3's to be delivered whether there's not going to be any demos/inventory for some time...

Good luck in your search.

In Australia?

BE1D2F3F-76A8-4CFC-B9B6-040193AFC040.jpeg

The most recent sale I've seen is a white 2017 X100D @ $100k. Unsure if member car, but sat for sale for ages and was then reduced and sold quickly.

A 2017 X P100D with all options ticked sold for approx $130k ... so agree that the above is too expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: Tension
I haven't been watching the X's closely at all; but I've been watching the S's a lot.

It seems that, for the most part, sellers aren't being realistic in their prices, given the prices drops for new models, and the prices that new Model 3's are available for. Also, new MX's have at least one upgraded motor (faster and better range), much better suspension (I believe), and free unlimited supercharging.

There's a 2015 SP85D advertised for $80k now, but nobody seems to be interested. I assume because it's similar spec to a P3D, which can be purchased with a balloon or on a 7 year loan, making the monthly repayments less than a 5 year $80,000 loan. And on top of that, the 3 has the latest FSD hardware. I'm pretty tempted to make an offer on that P85D, but I'm holding off because I think the used prices have much further to drop in the next 6-12 months on account of the 3's.

What's more astounding are the prices for cars around that P85D. IMHO most of them need to drop by $10k-$15k if they really want to sell; and they're only going to be worth less once the 3's start coming en masse, and no doubt there will be used 3's for sale by next year. Have a look at this list (but make sure you click "sort by" and set it to Low to High (even if it already says that, click it again)).

There's an AP2+ S75 going for $85k - it'll be interesting to see if that sells. After stamp duty is added on, it's only ~$6000 less than a new 3LR AWD, which has the same acceleration time, but stacks more range and already has at least AP enabled.

It's all very interesting to watch...

Indeed. I've seen significant amounts of salt from owners that purchased in late 2018 or early 2019 just before the price drop. This has significantly reduced their cars' resell value.

The primary thing that M3 can't give me is the space; that's why I'm looking for an SUV. Model Y, realistically, will land late 2021 in Australia...

I haven't been watching the X's closely at all; but I've been watching the S's a lot.

It seems that, for the most part, sellers aren't being realistic in their prices, given the prices drops for new models, and the prices that new Model 3's are available for. Also, new MX's have at least one upgraded motor (faster and better range), much better suspension (I believe), and free unlimited supercharging.

There's a 2015 SP85D advertised for $80k now, but nobody seems to be interested. I assume because it's similar spec to a P3D, which can be purchased with a balloon or on a 7 year loan, making the monthly repayments less than a 5 year $80,000 loan. And on top of that, the 3 has the latest FSD hardware. I'm pretty tempted to make an offer on that P85D, but I'm holding off because I think the used prices have much further to drop in the next 6-12 months on account of the 3's.

What's more astounding are the prices for cars around that P85D. IMHO most of them need to drop by $10k-$15k if they really want to sell; and they're only going to be worth less once the 3's start coming en masse, and no doubt there will be used 3's for sale by next year. Have a look at this list (but make sure you click "sort by" and set it to Low to High (even if it already says that, click it again)).

There's an AP2+ S75 going for $85k - it'll be interesting to see if that sells. After stamp duty is added on, it's only ~$6000 less than a new 3LR AWD, which has the same acceleration time, but stacks more range and already has at least AP enabled.

It's all very interesting to watch...

Yeah a lot of those prices are pipe dreams. The 3's will bottom out the market along with elons tweet about the new 3 motor next year. Interesting to see.