TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking Forward to P85D Drag Races

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Ziggy, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Member

#1 Ziggy, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    I just saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYA4egSYASU. I'm wondering how many cars the new P85D will smoke. I had a loaner P85 and that was ridiculously fast. I couldn't drive the P85 on a regular bases without getting tickets :eek:.

2. Bill D

Bill D Member

Better yet - Autopilot will let you stay home and send your car to the Drag Races by itself!

Excitement will build as the time-slips arrive by email. When it wins, you'll get an emailed photo of the beautiful girl giving the trophy and big kiss to your car.

What a thrill seeing your car return home and pull into your driveway with the trophy in the front seat and lipstick marks on the hood. It can't get any better than that!
    :smile:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Member

Love it, that's funny!!!!

4. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

The local drag strip by my house does a lot of 1/8th mile runs for street cars. That will even exaggerate the P85D's advantage over most everything shy of a real exotic.

5. Chuck P85D

Chuck P85D Member

as i sit here counting down the days until my P85D comes, i sometimes wonder what the hell i'm doing, buying a 700-hp car?!?!?!? this thing is going to ring up felony-like speeds before you even know what's going on. :crying: