TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bigbear, Oct 22, 2015.

Tags:
?

How excited are you about the debut?

1. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

48.1%
  2. Excited, but I can hide it

41.3%
  3. Mildly Excited

8.4%
  4. Ambivalent

2.2%
  1. bigbear

bigbear Member

#1 bigbear, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  2. tga

tga Supporting Member

Tesla does product unveilings at their own events. If the Model 3 is in Geneva, the reveal will have already happened at Hawthorne.

3. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

with lots of pulsating bass beats, late Elon and lots of cheering - and probably a crashed web site from people trying to get their pre-orders in.....

4. gigglehertz

gigglehertz Member

"A decision on the location of the new Gigafactory is imminent, with US states Nevada, Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas all in the running"

Article supposedly published 23 Jul, 2015 3:20pm. Very poorly written clickbait, seems to be a rehash of (very) old info.

5. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Clearly anything in this article should be taken with a grain of salt.
    An example: "While no technical details of the Model 3 will be announced until next year." Really.. we still don't have technical details on the Model X and they expect details on the Model 3 next year!! Doubtful

6. Mad Hungarian

Mad Hungarian Member

7. bigbear

bigbear Member

I changed the title, thanks for the link.

8. bigbear

bigbear Member

132 days to gooooo

9. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Unlike the neurosurgeons and radiologists, this dumb internist will only be able to afford a Model 3 or used Model S.

I pretty much made up my mind to wait until Model 3 is released and beta-tested by the brave depositers around next Christmas.

If it will be a non-superchargeable RWD steelie with sub-300mi range count me out, I will get a used S85D Model S instead.

10. bigbear

bigbear Member

No reason to insult yourself man, med school has to be hard. I sure do hope we can supercharge our 3's though.

11. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

You
    Are
    CRACKING
    Me
    Up!!!!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

12. bigbear

bigbear Member

Why?!?! Is it because there's 131 days to goooooooooooooooooo?

13. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

14. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

Hey, I didn't know you could change your profile name... Or was it involuntary? It just seems very wrong now to see bigbear without balls. :redface:

15. bigbear

bigbear Member

Some people complained, the mods changed it for me. I do miss my balls, but I'd miss this place more if I were to get banned.

16. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Ell Zee One, when the twins alit.

"131 nuggets on the wall..." "Take one down, pass it around..."
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445728505.002142.jpg

17. Lonnie123

Lonnie123 Member

#17 Lonnie123, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Okay...

So I just traded in my 11 year old Corolla for a 3 year lease on a Prius in anticipation of a mid-to-late 2018 arrival of this bad boy. If ever I needed Elon to be on time (or just a little bit late) now is the time!

I'm hoping that worst case scenario they are a bit late (say June 2018 until major production ramp for us regular, non-sig buyers) and I end up with a small overlap between the 2 cars in which case I let the wife use the remaining miles on the Prius. But boy I hope they arent late a full year on production...

18. bigbear

bigbear Member

I have a 2004 Prius with 181k miles on it. I have a mini celebration each day it makes it through. I hope it can last until production.

19. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

If it makes you feel better, my 2007 Prius is just short of 329k miles. No problems with the drivetrain. The AC compressor failed under warranty, and I had to replace the right-side buttons and spiral cable on the steering wheel this last summer. My right heel has worn a hole in the floor mat -- I really should find another one on eBay or something before winter sets in. My mechanic says everything still looks good, and he thinks I should probably make it to 500k without any real problems. I really hope Tesla can match this level of reliability with the Model 3 -- fingers crossed!

20. bigbear

bigbear Member

Holy crap, wow. What type of maintenance have you done to keep it running?