Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking they might have it coincide with or just before the first Chevy Bolt deliveries when Tesla throws down the gauntlet and leapfrogs the competition.

That would be an interesting twist. If true (not saying it is, but I'll play along) it will likely be very soon, as Chevy made a "prototype" version available to Car and Driver for a test drive recently:

2017 Chevrolet Bolt - Prototype Drive

But one has to wonder....this late in the game, if it's not a Beta prototype, it's more likely the production model at C&D drove.

Reactions: Red Sage
I was thinking they might have it coincide with or just before the first Chevy Bolt deliveries when Tesla throws down the gauntlet and leapfrogs the competition.
Probably too soon to do Reveal 2, but I like the idea. Maybe Elon can send out a couple of timely tweets hinting at what surprises to expect with the Model 3 that will be unveiled later at Reveal 2?

Reveal part deux will explain how the Model 3 will drive itself out of the Fremont factory and deliver itself to your home, stopping along the way for Superchargers, if necessary. That's why they're starting locally first -- they want to ensure door-to-door is working, and they want to ensure self-supercharging works.

(Yes, the car reaches out and plugs itself in, so don't ask...!!)

Actually I have two guesses for when it will happen. One is just *after* the first Bolt deliveries, and when all specks for the Bolt (Ampera-e) is out. Then Tesla has it #2 event and it is to late for GM to change anything on the Bolt before the 2018 model - and that is not out till after the Model 3 is in production :)
Two is March 31 2018.

The #3 event will be when the first deliveries is made.

It is past midnight here:

It is now 3,674 days/524 weeks/120 months since the blog "The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan part 1 (just between you and me)".
It is now 145 days/20 weeks/4 months since the unveiling #1
It is still 312 days/44 weeks/10 months to production start at Saturday July 1th 2017.

... and I hope to get mine in at least 860 days/122 weeks/28 months (the end of 2018).

Time sure flies though. Its been 144 days since the first reveal.
I'm going to go with a conservative (I hope) estimate and say I get my car on Feb. 15th 2018, that's 686 days from the reveal. If we've already covered 144 then 21% of the way there, heck, that's almost a whole quarter of the way ...

Oh, god, I'm going to need a hobby, for the next 542 days ... ok, I'm going to stop now .... sigh ....