Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know. For a Chevy, i think it looks quite good. It actually has some i3 hints to my eye at least. Plus some of the new Opel design language (Adam, Astra), packed in a Minivan format.

If Model 3 was a Tesla version of such a vehicle, for me it would be a no-brainer.

Picture this Bolt with Tesla front end, Tesla door handles, and Tesla rims. Voilà.

If model 3 target is BMW 3-series buyers, I don't see how a "Tesla Bolt" can attract these potential customers. Model 3 should have "tesla DNA" and this includes being a "sexy" car, having lots of new technology and be a really desirable car.

It model 3 looks like the Chevy Bolt... I won't buy it.

Will the reservation be based on when you clicked on the "reserve" button, or when you get all of your information properly entered? Hmmmm.... Things that need to be considered. :wink:
Reservations will definitely be based in part on when you click the submit button after entering credit card information during the reservation process. I doubt the initial reserve button will do anything for you other than take you to the credit card page. But on top of that, Tesla will probably take into account the destination country (or maybe even state in the US), and in the final production days getting your vehicle will most likely be very dependent on options chosen so they can make like cars together for assembly line efficiency.

Oh, I figured as much. I was just teasing Twiglett because his "reserve button click exercises" will probably be futile! Meanwhile, my Chrome Autocomplete is ready, and I have my CC number(s) in muscle memory... *cracks fingers* Heh, heh ,heh...
Aha! Autocomplete only goes so far, it still needs the highly tuned clicking ninja skills that can only be honed through preparation and exercise :cool:

I think reservations will consist only in making the payment and months later they will open the "design studio" where you can build your own model 3.

After the Model 3 Signature cars, I don't think there will be a "design studio". I think Model 3 production will be batched, and reservation holders will select from cars with serial numbers that are in production. This facilitates volume production, and reduces delivery time to as little as 1 to 2 weeks. Any unclaimed cars that are ready to ship will go to a regional giga-inventory site, awaiting customer selection and delivery to a local showroom or service center for prep and purchase, allowing a one week delivery after selection.

After the Model 3 Signature cars, I don't think there will be a "design studio". I think Model 3 production will be batched, and reservation holders will select from cars with serial numbers that are in production. This facilitates volume production, and reduces delivery time to as little as 1 to 2 weeks. Any unclaimed cars that are ready to ship will go to a regional giga-inventory site, awaiting customer selection and delivery to a local showroom or service center for prep and purchase, allowing a one week delivery after selection.

But you have to choose battery size, powertrain (single or dual drive), colors and other options at some point and I think it will be after reservation. And given the model X scenario, the car could change a lot during the next months due to design changes and research (Nobody expected auto presenting doors in the model X)

Nevertheless it will be a very long wait

Last edited:
But you have to choose battery size, powertrain (single or dual drive), colors and other options at some point and I think it will be after reservation. And given the model X scenario, the car could change a lot during the next months due to design changes and research (Nobody expected auto presenting doors in the model X)

Nevertheless it will be a very long wait
You can have it in any color you want it in as long as it's black. Or next year.

This could very well be true, but if you look on the current Model S site, there are options to buy used, new, or custom order. Lots of manufacturers will have a custom order option if the configuration you want isn't available locally, or easily. I don't think Tesla would get rid of the Design Studio for Model 3, but the option to buy a new, pre-configured car will likely happen much sooner than with Model S.

I can't wait to see what the Model 3 will look like and what options will be available. The Model 3 is going to be my next car. I currently own a Toyota Prius 3 and am enjoying it, but I'm firmly committed to an all-electric vehicle for my next car. Tesla has hit a homerun with the Model S.

I can't wait to see what the Model 3 will look like and what options will be available. The Model 3 is going to be my next car. I currently own a Toyota Prius 3 and am enjoying it, but I'm firmly committed to an all-electric vehicle for my next car. Tesla has hit a homerun with the Model S.

Yes, Model S is the best car I ever had. Just a bit too big. Thats why I am really looking forward to Model3. Wondering what it will look like?! Hope it is also available as AWD. If not then the Roadsterr will have to go, simply because I have not enough space in garage.

Does this change the forum picture?
model-iii-rendering-1.jpg