Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an effort to more accurately predict the number of deposits that convert into owners I think they will want to set the deposit amount high enough to weed out all the less serious people just trying to get in line early. Im predicting a $2,500 deposit for regular production, and a $30k deposit for Sig's (which I think they will do... it just makes too much financial sense. I think they might limit it to a small number, say under 5,000 and maybe even 1,000). They will have to handle the PR better so the headlines don't read "Teslas 'affordable' car costs $65k!"

Obviuosly this is baseless speculation... but thats the best kind, right?

In an effort to more accurately predict the number of deposits that convert into owners I think they will want to set the deposit amount high enough to weed out all the less serious people just trying to get in line early. Im predicting a $2,500 deposit for regular production, and a $30k deposit for Sig's (which I think they will do... it just makes too much financial sense. I think they might limit it to a small number, say under 5,000 and maybe even 1,000). They will have to handle the PR better so the headlines don't read "Teslas 'affordable' car costs $65k!"

All we have on this board is baseless speculation, we don't know ****.

Bigbear, where are you?! I can't keep track! [emoji2]
61/86, sorry. I've been in bed crying all day since I have to go back to work tomorrow. The model 3 is the only thing that keeps me going.