Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to borrow a CHAdeMO adapter...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

Would anyone happen to have a CHAdeMO adapter that I could borrow from April 6th to April 9th? I'm located out in the Antelope Valley (Palmdale/Lancaster area), but traveling into the Burbank area wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks! :)

Just curious: Where are you going that you'd need a CHAdeMO adapter?
It's not so much where I'm going, as how I'm having to get there. I've been convinced to put together a little demonstration that'll involve driving from the Antelope Valley to the San Jose area without using the Supercharger network (the actual rules being that I could only charge at locations which offer both CHAdeMO and CCS DC charging). Obviously, the return trip would be my usual route via the Supercharger network.

It's not so much where I'm going, as how I'm having to get there. I've been convinced to put together a little demonstration that'll involve driving from the Antelope Valley to the San Jose area without using the Supercharger network (the actual rules being that I could only charge at locations which offer both CHAdeMO and CCS DC charging). Obviously, the return trip would be my usual route via the Supercharger network.
The Antelope Valley is basically Lancaster, right? If so, there's nothing to prove. It's a cakewalk in a Tesla using CHAdeMO charging.

Lancaster
118 mi
Delano
116 mi
Chowchilla
115 mi
San Jose

The reason I chose Chowchilla over Madera is that the site has 120A ABB chargers instead of 100A BTC chargers, so it will charge a little faster there. It also slightly shortens the last leg from there to San Jose.

The Antelope Valley is basically Lancaster, right? If so, there's nothing to prove. It's a cakewalk in a Tesla using CHAdeMO charging.

Lancaster
118 mi
Delano
116 mi
Chowchilla
115 mi
San Jose

The reason I chose Chowchilla over Madera is that the site has 120A ABB chargers instead of 100A BTC chargers, so it will charge a little faster there. It also slightly shortens the last leg from there to San Jose.
It's not about proving whether or not it's possible because it totally is, it's more about the difference in experience (both when it comes to the process of planning the trip and the trip itself). Thanks for the tip on Chowchilla, though, since my original plan was to stop at Madera.