Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to buy 2014 MS P85 or Similar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

New to this forum and seriously in the market for a 2014 MS P85 or something comparable. Ultimately, I'd like to get the most bang for my buck and the max I can afford is 32k. I've done my homework and know that I can get something like this for my price.

Anyone have any leads for me? Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.

Wow. That’s really helpful PWLakewood. Thanks so much for your insights. Didn’t mom ever teach you that if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all? Guess not. #someoneteachthisguysomemannors
I was being somewhat serious as there are plenty of different model s out there but not sure about your specific request. Sorry if my humor came across as not helpful. :p

Reactions: Iceh8r
I'm selling my 2013 P85 for 32k. 129k miles but it's in very good condition. It still has a warranty on battery and drivetrain until 07/2021.I'm only selling because I bought another Model S. PM me for more details

Here are the specs:
Car Details:
- Free Supercharging
- 85 kWh Performance Model S
- Red Multi-Coat Paint
- All Glass Panoramic Roof
- 19" Silver Wheels
- Tan Performance Interior
- Carbon Fiber Décor
- Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- Supercharger Enabled
- Dual Chargers
- Tech Package
- Smart Air Suspension
- Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Hi Folks,

New to this forum and seriously in the market for a 2014 MS P85 or something comparable. Ultimately, I'd like to get the most bang for my buck and the max I can afford is 32k. I've done my homework and know that I can get something like this for my price.

Anyone have any leads for me? Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.
I have been in the market for a few months now and have spent extensive amounts of time researching all over the internet (this forum, OnlyUsedTeslas.com, Cargurus, Autotrader, Cars.com, ebay, Craigslist, etc.). You will not get a 2014 P85 that is under 150k miles for $32k, so dream on (unless it has accidents or a salvaged title). You can maybe get a 2012 or 2013 with around 60-80k miles for $33-35k, but good look finding a 2014 for $32k. You either need to set your sights on a normal 2014 S85, or save up some more $$$$.

Reactions: Don TLR
I have been searching here for a while for a used S 2013-15 and the prices seems a bit high because owners are not willing to sell for "Market Value". Best place to look would be through Tesla's CPO program. I saw a few 2016 90D for around 40-44k depending on color. These have warranty + facelift and is 2016. I will be pulling the trigger as soon as I see another white one at that range =]

I have been searching here for a while for a used S 2013-15 and the prices seems a bit high because owners are not willing to sell for "Market Value". Best place to look would be through Tesla's CPO program. I saw a few 2016 90D for around 40-44k depending on color. These have warranty + facelift and is 2016. I will be pulling the trigger as soon as I see another white one at that range =]

I'm pretty much in the same place with my research but thankfully I'm looking for a different color :D

For now I'm playing chicken with Tesla used S prices. I keep watching how they go down daily until I either can't stop myself and buy one or it gets pulled/sold.

One thing I do wish is that Tesla hadn't removed free supercharging on these.

I'm pretty much in the same place with my research but thankfully I'm looking for a different color :D

For now I'm playing chicken with Tesla used S prices. I keep watching how they go down daily until I either can't stop myself and buy one or it gets pulled/sold.

One thing I do wish is that Tesla hadn't removed free supercharging on these.

Note to self, don't play chicken with Tesla used S prices.

After a few days of watching the price of a particular car get lower and lower, last night I was ready "let's do this". Even got approval from upper management (wife). I got the credit card out but I stopped to read a bit about coil vs air suspension. After a few minutes, I reloaded the page and bam! it was gone :(

After a few days of watching the price of a particular car get lower and lower, last night I was ready "let's do this". Even got approval from upper management (wife). I got the credit card out but I stopped to read a bit about coil vs air suspension. After a few minutes, I reloaded the page and bam! it was gone :(

Yeah if you find a good one that you like you have to jump on it! I've missed out on a couple local P85+ and they were gone before I could make the drive to see it.

Just a random question, how much do you think a fully loaded (everything but RFS) 2014 P85 with 65k miles and Autopilot 1.0 should sell for from a private seller? The seller is asking $39.5k and wasn't sure if that is way overpriced or reasonable. 2014 P85 with Autopilot are quite rare right since that was the first year it came out?

It doesn't sound too crazy. I see only one 2013 P85+ on Tesla with less miles but no AP for $40k.

For me it would depend on the warranty, if there's anything left on it from the private seller. I've been talking to a few but I didn't go through because they were all out of warranty. The fact that they didn't have any problems so far (that's what they usually say) doesn't mean much.

Cant you just pay and cancel if you change your mind?

It doesn't sound too crazy. I see only one 2013 P85+ on Tesla with less miles but no AP for $40k.

For me it would depend on the warranty, if there's anything left on it from the private seller. I've been talking to a few but I didn't go through because they were all out of warranty. The fact that they didn't have any problems so far (that's what they usually say) doesn't mean much.

When you say they were all out of warranty, you mean the bumper to bumper limited warranty (4 years/50k miles) & not the battery and drive unit warranty correct? I've found a few P85s that have an extended limited warranty, but they only have 6 months or a year left on it. I am skeptical buying a used P85 with 60k+ miles on it and only has the battery/drive-unit warranty left. Unless they have a bunch of service records to show they maintained the vehicle and fixed all of the typical things that start going a little wonky after 50k miles, I feel there is a lot of risk. Maybe I am too cautious of a buyer and just need to pull the trigger on one, but having $400-500 payments a month for the next 5 years I want to make sure I get the right one & not be a money pit : )

When you say they were all out of warranty, you mean the bumper to bumper limited warranty (4 years/50k miles) & not the battery and drive unit warranty correct? I've found a few P85s that have an extended limited warranty, but they only have 6 months or a year left on it. I am skeptical buying a used P85 with 60k+ miles on it and only has the battery/drive-unit warranty left. Unless they have a bunch of service records to show they maintained the vehicle and fixed all of the typical things that start going a little wonky after 50k miles, I feel there is a lot of risk. Maybe I am too cautious of a buyer and just need to pull the trigger on one, but having $400-500 payments a month for the next 5 years I want to make sure I get the right one & not be a money pit : )

Yeah, I meant the bumper to bumper. Same here, while I don't mind tinkering myself with it and fixing some of this usual things which break myself, I wouldn't get a ~$50k car with no or little warranty left.

This is what pushes me back to Tesla used instead of private sales (and of course the prices some sellers imagine they can get).

My P85 has been rock solid since about 45K miles after the motor was replaced. Nothing left now so if you find one that had the latest motor version I'd say you're good to go. Mine has 77 and thought of getting rid of it now while it still has 7K of B2B warranty as I think its a bonus for buyers. Whats the lowest B2B that people would consider a benefit?