Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Looking to buy a Model Y reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, If you have a Model Y Long Range reservation, I would be interested in buying this from you. I am open to the time horizon. I would prefer California for location but open to other states. I am looking for a basic model and white color, but would consider all. From looking at the forums, it sounds like we are able to transfer reservations as long as the people call in and/or present for delivery. This would have to be confirmed. Thank you!!

Hi all, If you have a Model Y Long Range reservation, I would be interested in buying this from you. I am open to the time horizon. I would prefer California for location but open to other states. I am looking for a basic model and white color, but would consider all. From looking at the forums, it sounds like we are able to transfer reservations as long as the people call in and/or present for delivery. This would have to be confirmed. Thank you!!
Are you still looking for a reservation?

@angiogal I have a white 5 seater Model Y Long Range reservation scheduled for a March 22 - April 19 delivery date. The vehicle was ordered on Oct 5th prior to the last two price increases and qualifies for the $1,500 clean fuel reward (now $750). Vehicle will need to be picked up from Tesla's Santa Ana facility. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested, thanks.

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully done this prior to taking delivery of the vehicle? AFAIK, the sales agreement and delivery instructions explicitly state the person who ordered the car, uploaded drivers license and insurance information, is the one that has to take delivery, at which point Tesla will register in the original purchasers name. Transferring the Tesla account to a new owner won't circumvent any of the "binding" created when locking down the order.

Could be wrong about this but I'd question anyone offering to sell a spot in the queue, because it seems like Tesla has gotten ahead of this problem and deployed countermeasures that would otherwise allow people to risk $250, create multiple orders, then re-sell their "spot in line" for a profit later.

Reactions: voxel
Has anyone successfully done this prior to taking delivery of the vehicle? AFAIK, the sales agreement and delivery instructions explicitly state the person who ordered the car, uploaded drivers license and insurance information, is the one that has to take delivery, at which point Tesla will register in the original purchasers name. Transferring the Tesla account to a new owner won't circumvent any of the "binding" created when locking down the order.

Could be wrong about this but I'd question anyone offering to sell a spot in the queue, because it seems like Tesla has gotten ahead of this problem and deployed countermeasures that would otherwise allow people to risk $250, create multiple orders, then re-sell their "spot in line" for a profit later.
Not sure about transferring to someone else, but I had my brother's name somehow on my vehicle, and when the vin got assigned, I called to have it switched. It took a few minutes, but was done. Now we both have the same address so maybe it was easier to do so, I can't tell.

Reactions: voxel
@angiogal I have a white 5 seater Model Y Long Range reservation scheduled for a March 22 - April 19 delivery date. The vehicle was ordered on Oct 5th prior to the last two price increases and qualifies for the $1,500 clean fuel reward (now $750). Vehicle will need to be picked up from Tesla's Santa Ana facility. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested, thanks.
Do you still have the reservation?