TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

looking to buy a tesla s85 with rear facing seats

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Knightowl, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

It may be to early to find this deal but I figured it would do no harm to post what I am looking for since the original plan was to pay off my current one within 2yrs and then buy a 2nd after that but I can buy sooner if the right deal is found.

What I am looking for is a an S85 with rear facing seats, as our 2nd tesla and primary kid hauler.

Specs desired:
    85kw battery
    rear facing kid seats
    parking sensors
    subzero package
    tech package

All other options and milage do not matter, also location does not matter since I will fly to where ever it is and drive it back.

would like to find a car that has been kept in decent condition and pay no more than $30k

ok universe, show me what you got! :)

• Funny x 1
  2. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

After a bit more thought, subzero would be a nice to have but not a deal breaker, the other requirements I have still stand though. I did call tesla sales and let them know what I am looking for as well as my keeping tabs on all used tesla car sale listings I can find, seen some great deals in my price range but none with rear facing seats yet. My best guess is I wont find what I am looking for before May-July time frame. But I am a real buyer so if you are turning in your high milage S with rear facing seats and tesla is only offering you 25k for it you can sell it to me for more. I will make it as easy for you as possible.

3. icanmakeit

icanmakeit Member

4. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Thanks I looked at that one also but price is not in my buying range. Also I am not really looking for a P car as this will be used as a kid hauler and overall upkeep costs are higher with a P factoring in tires and energy usage.

5. icanmakeit

icanmakeit Member

Ya. I’m the same. Not looking for. P.
    For me. Insurance quotes are double for p.

6. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Still on the hunt for this 2nd tesla for my wife to drive with the kids, been pretty dry with the exception of one for $31.5k that was sold before I saw it to click on it, oh well. Continuing to wait and see and in the meantime now I just bought a solar system for my home so my electric coal powered cars can be solar powered.

7. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Here ya go big guy

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H1XEFP30662 | Tesla

8. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

all tesla's have heated seats and the first versions of subzero are a joke.

9. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Clearly late to see your post as that link is just taking me to the general page not the car, just a matter of time before I get the right timing with one though.

10. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Well found a great deal today, called and confirmed and got an email that it was an even lower price than posted, price posted on this S85 was $29,419 and they sent me the email with a price of $28,820. I was stoked and wife was on board to get it for her. Had everyone loaded in the car and was in route the 1.5hr drive to get there when they called me back and said it did not have rear facing seats when they said it did and I told them how to check and also that the price was an error and was supposed to be $33,900. From excitement to dissapointment and wife was pretty pissed at the stealership as well. Still posted on their site for the fake price so clearly a bait and switch -_-

Attached Files:

11. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Bumping this again as the search is still on.

12. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Bumping this again as the search is still on, has to be one out there in my $$ range with the rear facing kid seats.

13. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

What about a rebuilt tile?

14. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

No sorry that is more risk than I can deal with considering the failures I have had in the time I have owned my current one, it would just add so much headach in having to get anything fixed.

15. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Wrecked cars routinely sell at auction for more than $30k. I think you're going to have to up your price point considerably.

16. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Bumping this again, have to be getting closer with the 3's being delivered and folks downsizing.

17. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

I am relaxing my original requirements, still need to find close to $30-38k price point 85kw battery with tech package and rear facing seats, if the price is good enough it can be without the rear kid seats as I will retrofit the car for the $5k cost to add bumber reinforcement and install the seats. Just found out I am having twins so need this by January now, once babies are born I wont have enough seats to carry them all, I was already maxed with 3 kids and this was not according to plan. Still does not matter where in the country the car is located.

18. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

19. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Thanks, called and asked about it, dealer knows nothing if there are rear kid seats or not so will check and call me back, also already have others calling in on the car so not holding my breath.

20. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

My preference is still to get an S85 with the rear kid seats so holding off on sourcing and buying parts for retrofit of current S for a couple more months now. Upping my price point again to a max of $50k all in after tax/tag/title.