Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking to buy a used 2019 model 3 LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted in the model3 subreddit as well, but was hoping to get more opinion on this:

I'm trying to buy a used 2019 model 3 LR RWD with 26.k miles. The listing says it's black, tinted windows, 18" rims with aero caps, all black premium interior, and has AP included. One of my concerns is that he says there's a lien on the title. He claims his break even is about $42900, and would like to sell without losing money.

Is this an ok deal, and is there anything I should watch out for? This is going to be my 2nd private party deal. However this time, I do not know the other party.

I purchased a used metallic silver 2018 LR RWD two months ago with 25k miles on it and EAP for a little under that price, silver being discontinued did play a bit into my decision. I personally would wait until Model Y begins rolling out and I believe the Model 3 used market will have more competitive deals to be had with FSD, etc. I would have waited myself but the value the dealer gave me for my ICE trade was so undeniably good I had to bite, and I love the model 3 in silver of course :).

I purchased a used metallic silver 2018 LR RWD two months ago with 25k miles on it and EAP for a little under that price, silver being discontinued did play a bit into my decision. I personally would wait until Model Y begins rolling out and I believe the Model 3 used market will have more competitive deals to be had with FSD, etc. I bought mine because the value they gave me for my ICE trade was so undeniably good.
It's been a struggle lately to wait since this is going to be my first EV. Incentives are gone except for $1.5k rebate in PA.

It's been a struggle lately to wait since this is going to be my first EV. Incentives are gone except for $1.5k rebate in PA.

I totally hear you, truly do, as I could have been patient myself. I had lost out on 3 other metallic silver Model 3's so I was definitely a bit trigger happy when I finally purchased mine. The EAP for me was a perfect balance between AP and FSD so that was also another point that pushed me over on mine.

From looking at Model 3's over the last few months I quickly learned how fast they seemed to sell. Clean titled ones that were reasonably priced went quickly. I just think when the Y start rolling out many will trade in their 3's for the extra space if they have kids. I think it will definitely make a noticeable change in the used Model 3 market.

For that specific car you mentioned I don't see that as an omg deal or anything. I have seen many LR RWD for that price range and with title in-hand, less mileage, and EAP. You're also only getting basic AP, no upgrade to HW3 unless you want to put down another 7k, and 18" wheels so you are not even getting the sport 19's. Your main warranty is up in 24k miles too. If we were talking 38k with all taxes/any fees, maybe I'd consider that but from what I've seen when I was looking that's not a great deal IMO esp at that mileage with those options

For example this one sold off Carvana, has FSD, less miles, and the 19" sport wheels: https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1365092

Last edited:
I posted in the model3 subreddit as well, but was hoping to get more opinion on this:

I'm trying to buy a used 2019 model 3 LR RWD with 26.k miles. The listing says it's black, tinted windows, 18" rims with aero caps, all black premium interior, and has AP included. One of my concerns is that he says there's a lien on the title. He claims his break even is about $42900, and would like to sell without losing money.

Is this an ok deal, and is there anything I should watch out for? This is going to be my 2nd private party deal. However this time, I do not know the other party.

A brand new all wheel drive one would be 48,990 + tax I think. Is 6k savings worth getting a used car that someone put a decent amount of miles on, AND wants to now "get out of" for some reason?

I totally hear you, truly do, as I could have been patient myself. I had lost out on 3 other metallic silver Model 3's so I was definitely a bit trigger happy when I finally purchased mine. The EAP for me was a perfect balance between AP and FSD so that was also another point that pushed me over on mine.

From looking at Model 3's over the last few months I quickly learned how fast they seemed to sell. Clean titled ones that were reasonably priced went quickly. I just think when the Y start rolling out many will trade in their 3's for the extra space if they have kids. I think it will definitely make a noticeable change in the used Model 3 market.

For that specific car you mentioned I don't see that as an omg deal or anything. I have seen many LR RWD for that price range and with title in-hand, less mileage, and EAP. You're also only getting basic AP, no upgrade to HW3 unless you want to put down another 7k, and 18" wheels so you are not even getting the sport 19's. Your main warranty is up in 24k miles too. If we were talking 38k with all taxes/any fees, maybe I'd consider that but from what I've seen when I was looking that's not a great deal IMO esp at that mileage with those options

For example this one sold off Carvana, has FSD, less miles, and the 19" sport wheels: Carvana | Buy Used Cars Online & Skip The Dealership

I see. I've been trying to look for used EV's just so I can alleviate the waiting. I originally was going to purchase a used 2017 bolt EV from carvana, but cancelled on delivery since they called that it was having charging issues.

7037FFEB-888A-49C5-AEB9-7E5150FB9E08.png

Reactions: Phlier
Where does it say that car has FSD? I don't see the autopilot options setting screen in the interior options nor in the description from carvana?

If you click through the pictures, I think under "hot spots" it says Auto Pilot FSD in one of the photos vs just AP that I've seen listed in the pics like that on other Tesla Carvana listings.

Looks like it has fully sold though so you cannot access the info anylonger but it definitely had FSD.