Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Looking to Buy Late 2016 Model S w/ FSD Titanium Metallic Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the market for a late 2016 model S titanium metallic color (only this color) preferably with FSD already installed, or at least the ability to be upgraded. Air suspension is a plus. Anyone have a lead?

I'm not sure what you're looking for exists. I know that they made some 2016 in that color briefly (the only refresh version was the 75kWh battery cars) but I don't believe that AP2 overlapped production of that color. I may be misremembering (I don't have time to look up the dates right now) but even if they overlap, the number of vehicles made with those two requirements would be very low and you'd most certainly have to get a 75kWh car. I never committed that particular combination to memory in terms of production dates as, even though I live that color, it wasn't a vehicle I was interested in owning personally.

I would also recommend putting this in the "wanted" section rather than the "for sale" section.

Best of luck with the search!

I just posted in the other thread below this - I agree with @Ostrichsak that such a car likely does not exist.

Titanium Silver Metallic was discontinued on October 7, 2016 and "FSD" capable AP 2.0 was introduced October 19, 2016. If one snuck through it would be exceedingly rare.

Thank you both for the kind replies, I will also post in the wanted section for proper, better visibility. The car absolutely does exist, here is sold listing showing exactly what I am looking for:

Thank you both for the kind replies, I will also post in the wanted section for proper, better visibility. The car absolutely does exist, here is sold listing showing exactly what I am looking for:

Just because you found a private party used car listing that's no longer available isn't really proof of anything. I would lean more towards the person that listed that particular car for sale mis-categorizing it. In fact, seeing as this car was in Boulder which is nearby, I think I remember it for sale for quite a while on Craigslist and I'm almost certain that car was AP1 when I saw all of the pictures. The fact that this appears to be the only such listing even showing up supports this or indicates that it's so rare that you will likely never find another one. It may be wise to have a contingency plan just in case what you really want doesn't exist.

You really think the guy would go so far as to include this in the description:

"This S includes like $15k worth of goodies (FSD set of wheels, charger, etc.) that is usually not included when buying from dealers as FSD apparently only transfers if Tesla is sold by owner or Tesla Inc, therefore, most other Teslas seen for sale by dealers have to be discounted. FSD subscription already costs $200 monthly if not included, and is likely to increase drastically, while this car has it pre-paid for life of the car."

And it not actually have FSD? That would be the most egregious miscategorization.

"This S includes like $15k worth of goodies (FSD set of wheels, charger, etc.) that is usually not included when buying from dealers as FSD apparently only transfers if Tesla is sold by owner or Tesla Inc, therefore, most other Teslas seen for sale by dealers have to be discounted. FSD subscription already costs $200 monthly if not included, and is likely to increase drastically, while this car has it pre-paid for life of the car."

And it not actually have FSD? That would be the most egregious miscategorization.
It can’t have FSD. Look at the picture closely. The sidemarkers on the front fender is silver with no repeater camera.

Also, side cameras on B piller are missing and the rocker panel at the bottom is black.

This car is an AP1 nose cone car. Looks just like mine lol

Attachments

• 6C27E8ED-2436-48FE-A10C-CF02A2D3FC85.jpeg
    6C27E8ED-2436-48FE-A10C-CF02A2D3FC85.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 167

I don't think that, I know it. This isn't my opinion, it's fact. Tesla never made it and that car you linked to certainly isn't the exception to the rule. Not sure what there is to argue about as if you winning will somehow materialize the car you want.

The only debate is if that "seller" did it intentionally to mislead or if it was just yet another scam attempt where the "seller" didn't know the car they were "selling" in an effort to make their item more attractive to marks. There is no debate on if that car you linked to is an AP1 or AP2 car though as it's 100% an AP1 car and you can tell by several visual clues even in that one crappy photo that's still up. If there were more photos it would be even more apparent.

You can keep doubting my knowledge on this topic but it won't make a car that doesn't exist magically appear. Like I said, it would be wise to have a contingency plan on the car you're seeking just in case I'm right.

You either need to decide if you would rather have Titanium Metallic or AP2/FSD because it's one or the other. No amount of pushback will change that simple fact. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I don't think that, I know it. This isn't my opinion, it's fact. Tesla never made it and that car you linked to certainly isn't the exception to the rule. Not sure what there is to argue about as if you winning will somehow materialize the car you want.

The only debate is if that "seller" did it intentionally to mislead or if it was just yet another scam attempt where the "seller" didn't know the car they were "selling" in an effort to make their item more attractive to marks. There is no debate on if that car you linked to is an AP1 or AP2 car though as it's 100% an AP1 car and you can tell by several visual clues even in that one crappy photo that's still up. If there were more photos it would be even more apparent.

You can keep doubting my knowledge on this topic but it won't make a car that doesn't exist magically appear. Like I said, it would be wise to have a contingency plan on the car you're seeking just in case I'm right.

You either need to decide if you would rather have Titanium Metallic or AP2/FSD because it's one or the other. No amount of pushback will change that simple fact. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Honestly, he could just but an AP2 car and get it repainted titanium metallic.

“I bought this car used directly from Tesla a year ago, no accidents, battery warranty is until Sep 2025. VIN: 5YJSA1E20GF169646”

Based on the VIN this car would be extremely close to the cut-off date. My December ‘16 S is VIN 175XXX. But if that’s an actual picture of the car, the evidence shows it absolutely doesn’t have AP2, so the listing is quite simply wrong.

Like I said, I won’t go so far as to say I’m 100% certain the car you’re looking for doesn’t exist - it’s at least possible there were a teeny tiny few that snuck through based on the dates between the color being discontinued and AP2 being announced. But I’ve never seen one. The pic in the listing you provided is NOT one. I think the chances of you finding one are close to nil.

But hey, good luck. You’re gonna need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: buckets0fun
FWIW, I just spent 15 minutes crawling through Google image search and I’ve managed to find ONE picture that does seem to confirm at least one copy of the car you’re looking for exists. This car clearly has the AP2 repeaters and B-pillar cams.

02161815-C2F9-4A2A-BEFC-CD6CC3803D90.jpeg

Here is our 90D w/o FSD:
Beautiful, AP1?
Yes, it's AP1. You can tell by the side repeaters and B-pillar. That photo is also a pretty high HDR saturation to make it pop whereas the photo below is more raw to give a better sense of the natural color.

I think you greatly overestimate the odds of an owner of this exact car you describe posting to this thread, being on this forum or even existing.

Here's ours in 90D (non performance) flavor:

20200715_151006-jpg.607778

I speak from experience. If you go back to my original post you'll see that I was trying to help you by saying the car you specified is so rare that you will likely never find it, if it even exists. You'll likely wait many years to find even a single example of what you specified for sale, if it all. I'm really not sure why you got so agro as I'm not the one who built the cars or determined what colors to cut from the roster. My only suggestion is that if you want to see something in your driveway before the end of next year it would be wise to amend your list of requirements in one category or another.

Otherwise, best of luck with the search.

The thing is, we now know with 100% certainty the car exists in the true form - not a paint job over a 2017. (I've now spoken with 2 individuals, in large part due to this thread that have the car). Definitely not "agro" in any sense of the word, but more than anything it is disheartening to hear a long time member be so adamant about a build not existing, and then come to find out it does.

It’s not about discouraging you. It’s about helping you make informed choices. The car may indeed exist. But it would still be exceedingly rare. How long are you willing to wait for it to turn up? You could buy an AP2 car and have it repainted Titanium Metallic and enjoy it within a couple months tops. OR you can hold out for a factory painted one and possibly never come across one for sale or be waiting for years for it to turn up. You might luck out and one will pop up tomorrow for sale or you could end up waiting forever. The risk reward is up to you to decide.