TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Looking to buy model s 3rd row jump seats

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Vovanenok, Apr 15, 2019 at 7:07 PM.

1. Vovanenok

Vovanenok New Member

Hi all. I'm currently waiting to get my first tesla. This will be 2018 model s.

1. I've read some posts and even watched YouTube videos on retrofitting, but still wanted to ask if anybody installed it on model s 2018. I hope the bolt holes are still there.

2. Looking to buy the whole set (jump seats, hardware and bumper reinforcement). Please let me know if anybody is willing to sell

P. S. I'm from Toronto, Canada, but will either pay for shipping or can drive depending on your location.

Thanks!

2. DanCar

DanCar Member

What is the cost relative to a Model X?

• Like x 1
  3. Vovanenok

Vovanenok New Member

The difference is about 15k, but wife likes model s much more. Mainly she will be driving the car and we will need extra seats only occasionally, that's why we considered jump seats

4. henderrj

henderrj Member

my car has the jump seats and it is my understanding that you have to order them from the factory. The difficulty is that the bumpers must be reinforced, and other parts of the back of the vehicle. Early on all cars were made to accept the jump seats, then it was changed. I am certain a 2018 would not have that ability unless it was made so from the factory. And then someone would have had to have taken out the seats.

5. Vovanenok

Vovanenok New Member

Tesla no longer offers jump seats since 2016 or 2017. But I found a few threads on this forum about retrofitting (including the bumper reinforcement) into the cars that didn't come with that factory option. So I'm trying to find if somebody was able to retrofit jump seats into 2018 models.

6. cellphonechris

The bumper reinforcement sells for ~$200, and is on Tesla's restricted parts list. You can source one from a salvage vehicle or have a body shop order it from Tesla for you. The seats themselves can be purchased from owners in the For Sale forum or elsewhere for ~$1K. If they are missing mounting hardware, you can order from Tesla directly, as these parts aren't restricted. Install tutorials can be found on YouTube, and a TSB is floating around the forums with all of the necessary part numbers and instructions.

7. Vovanenok

Vovanenok New Member

Thanks cellphonechris, this is very helpful. I found Tesla bulletin and video tutorial. But do you know if Model S 208 still has all the holes needed for hardware?

8. cellphonechris

Not sure. You might want to take a look under the carpet in your trunk, but I doubt they've changed the design. Not cost effective to do so.