Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to buy model s 3rd row jump seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I'm currently waiting to get my first tesla. This will be 2018 model s.

1. I've read some posts and even watched YouTube videos on retrofitting, but still wanted to ask if anybody installed it on model s 2018. I hope the bolt holes are still there.

2. Looking to buy the whole set (jump seats, hardware and bumper reinforcement). Please let me know if anybody is willing to sell

P. S. I'm from Toronto, Canada, but will either pay for shipping or can drive depending on your location.

Thanks!

my car has the jump seats and it is my understanding that you have to order them from the factory. The difficulty is that the bumpers must be reinforced, and other parts of the back of the vehicle. Early on all cars were made to accept the jump seats, then it was changed. I am certain a 2018 would not have that ability unless it was made so from the factory. And then someone would have had to have taken out the seats.

my car has the jump seats and it is my understanding that you have to order them from the factory. The difficulty is that the bumpers must be reinforced, and other parts of the back of the vehicle. Early on all cars were made to accept the jump seats, then it was changed. I am certain a 2018 would not have that ability unless it was made so from the factory. And then someone would have had to have taken out the seats.
Tesla no longer offers jump seats since 2016 or 2017. But I found a few threads on this forum about retrofitting (including the bumper reinforcement) into the cars that didn't come with that factory option. So I'm trying to find if somebody was able to retrofit jump seats into 2018 models.

The bumper reinforcement sells for ~$200, and is on Tesla's restricted parts list. You can source one from a salvage vehicle or have a body shop order it from Tesla for you. The seats themselves can be purchased from owners in the For Sale forum or elsewhere for ~$1K. If they are missing mounting hardware, you can order from Tesla directly, as these parts aren't restricted. Install tutorials can be found on YouTube, and a TSB is floating around the forums with all of the necessary part numbers and instructions.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
The bumper reinforcement sells for ~$200, and is on Tesla's restricted parts list. You can source one from a salvage vehicle or have a body shop order it from Tesla for you. The seats themselves can be purchased from owners in the For Sale forum or elsewhere for ~$1K. If they are missing mounting hardware, you can order from Tesla directly, as these parts aren't restricted. Install tutorials can be found on YouTube, and a TSB is floating around the forums with all of the necessary part numbers and instructions.

Thanks cellphonechris, this is very helpful. I found Tesla bulletin and video tutorial. But do you know if Model S 208 still has all the holes needed for hardware?

Looking to sell the jump seat for my Model S. I have never used them they've been sitting in my closet the whole time I will in the car. There are still blue plastic on some of the hinges. Would sell it for $1,200. Hopefully you live in Los Angeles California which is where I am

Attachments

• 20190929_135033.jpg
    20190929_135033.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 619
  • 20190929_135024.jpg
    20190929_135024.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 427
  • 20190929_135044.jpg
    20190929_135044.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 444
Hi all. I'm currently waiting to get my first tesla. This will be 2018 model s.

1. I've read some posts and even watched YouTube videos on retrofitting, but still wanted to ask if anybody installed it on model s 2018. I hope the bolt holes are still there.

2. Looking to buy the whole set (jump seats, hardware and bumper reinforcement). Please let me know if anybody is willing to sell

P. S. I'm from Toronto, Canada, but will either pay for shipping or can drive depending on your location.

Thanks!
I was wondering if you were able to install jumpseats in your 2018 Tesla?

Think this is mostly untrue. We have yet to hear of a car lacking mounting points. All but about 30 cars can be retrofitted. Those 30 are listed by VIN in the TSB that covers the retrofit.

now that it’s not an option, perhaps Raven or later cars won’t be compatible, but no actual report of that yet.

Here’s one of the big threads

My DIY Rear Facing Jump Seats Retrofit (with Service Bulletin / Official Instructions)

Tesla no longer offers jump seats since 2016 or 2017. But I found a few threads on this forum about retrofitting (including the bumper reinforcement) into the cars that didn't come with that factory option. So I'm trying to find if somebody was able to retrofit jump seats into 2018 models.
I purchased a new 2018 S (June 2018 delivery) with rear facing seats, so it was an option last year.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I used ev-cpo to look at inventory cars with Rear Facing Seats. VIN 302177 delivered around March 2019 and sold around May 2019 is the most recent to be listed with RFS. Just a data point that they continued through 2019. This is just one data point, not intended to mark the last possible vin... Quite a few 2018 cars with VIN 24x,xxx to 28x,xxx listed with RFS.

• Informative
Reactions: pinke2323
I still have my 3rd row jump seat from my 2013 model S for sale. Get back to me if anybody wants to buy it I think your car would have to be 2016 and older. I'm looking to get $1,200
NOW my 2013 p85 is being totalled so I am definitely looking to sell the jump seats I never used. Let me know if anyone has any interest. 1200 that is including me boxing them up and going to the post office and shipping it to your house.

NOW my 2013 p85 is being totalled so I am definitely looking to sell the jump seats I never used. Let me know if anyone has any interest. 1200 that is including me boxing them up and going to the post office and shipping it to your house.

It’s a good deal. Would be helpful to whomever buys them if you can get the other parts like the open/close switch, strikers, and rear crossmember.